Commis Chef - Bristol
Commis Chef - Hotel du Vin, Bristol
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
Get a taste for the Kitchen… Begin a beautiful friendship and start your cooking career with us. Responsible for the general mis en place in the kitchen, a Commis Chef will be required to assist the kitchen brigade in the day to day running of the kitchen preparing food to the highest standard. Our menus include a la carte, daily specials and our dishes allow us the opportunity to showcase some of the best local food producers who share our passion for great local and seasonal products. Commis Chefs must be passionate about food and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
Nestling in the heart of the old city, close to the rejuvenated waterfront, the shopping hub of Cabot Circus, Christmas Steps, Park Street and the charming Clifton village, our Bristol hotel is the perfect setting for work or pleasure. Ideal for enjoying a weekday business brunch, leisurely lunch, dinner or afternoon tea, luxurious weekend break or indulgent city retreat or celebrating a wedding, family gathering or private event. Loaf in a leather armchair in the cosy Sugar Bar, and discover rums from around the world. Beckon our expert Sommelier over to help you choose from our extensive list. Relax in the elegant yet informal ambience of our trademark Bistro, as talented Chefs create freshly prepared, locally sourced French classics, served with a British twist. Or dine al fresco in our secluded flagstone courtyard, before a relaxing nightcap. Then melt your cares away with a deep bath in your elegant bathroom, before flopping onto Egyptian cotton bed linen in one of 40 exquisite bedrooms.