Commis Chef - London
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for a Commis Chef to join our busy and highly successful team.
Our high profile Brasserie style restaurant, serves modern international cuisine with an emphasis on fresh, seasonal and organic produce. Working closely with the team, and taking instruction from the senior Chef team, as a Commis Chef your main responsibility is to ensure exceptional standards and the delivery of quality dishes. You will experience a rotation of the kitchen, spending time in each section to help with your development and knowledge of our kitchen.
- Have a good command of the menu and the ingredients required
- Support the senior members of the kitchen team to help create exquisite dishes that maintain Firmdale standards and continue to exceed our guest expectations
- Deliver orders in an efficient time
- Maintain strict health, safety and food hygiene standards
- Previous experience as a Commis Chef within a 5* hotel or luxury restaurant
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exception standards
- A passion for food
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
As a Commis Chef you will work 45 hours per week on a flexible rota, where some weekends will be required.
To apply for the role of Commis Chef:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.