Commis Chef / Cook - Full Time - The Crown, Blackheath
Pub/Hotel: The Crown, Blackheath
Experienced and reliable chef required
Located in heart of Blackheath, the Crown is looking for an experienced commis chef or cook to join our busy kitchen team. We are a bustling and traditional pub with a new wine bar concept in the upstairs of the building, allowing us to cater for a diverse range of customers.
This hands on and fast paced role will see you working as part of a team of three, undertaking all duties within the kitchen to include food preparation, cooking, portering duties and the opening and closing down of the kitchen.
This is a full time and permanent post that will see you working on a rota basis to include some weekends, between 10.00 – 21.30.
- Minimum one years’ experience in the kitchen producing quality food.
- The ability to run the kitchen with minimal supervision.
- You must be flexible in terms of the duties required of you to include the portering.
- Creativity and flair in the kitchen.
- Good levels and understanding of health & safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Flexibility in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Rate of pay is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Immediate start available.
- This is a full time and permanent role.
- Full company specific training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Great potential for career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
Please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us now for an application form.
Please note that this is a live out role.