Second Chef - The Hadley Bowling Green, Hadley Heath, Droitwich
We are a business that will be passionate about our food and desires to provide the best standard of service. We are looking for an individual who excels in the following key areas;
- To assist and support management at all times to ensure the optimum profitability of the pub.
- To ensure a positive experience for all customers who eat at our pub, by providing support and guidance to the team.
- To ensure correct portion control of all products and reduce wastage and optimise profit, by acting as a role model
- To place stock orders with nominated suppliers as required, ensuring sufficient stock control
- To deliver an exceptional service by positively participating in training a directed by management
- To ensure that all team members receive correct 'on-the-job' training/coaching.
- To improve/maintain the pubs 'scores on the doors' rating
- To maintain product quality through adherence to menu specifications and portion control
We’re looking for someone who, as well as having excellent skills has a passion for good, fresh food, a good head for business and experience in helping to set and achieve GP percentages and wage targets.
For us it’s all about serving fresh, simple, high quality traditional dishes extremely well and together with the head chef you will help write the menus, assist and set and maintain the highest standards of food quality and consistency.
You’ll need to have the ability to efficiently manage the kitchen in the head chef’s absence and so your kitchen management and organisational skills will be of paramount importance. Creating a happy working atmosphere is vital to the successful running of the kitchens, and comes high on our agenda.
This will be a vital role in the pub and is an excellent stepping stone on the road to managing your own kitchen.
The pay is very competitive with a bonus structure implemented and also live in is available with this package.