Assistant Pub Manager / Supervisor - (Live out) - The Star Inn, Guildford
Pub/Hotel: The Star Inn, Guildford
Enthusiastic and committed assistant pub manager required
The Star Inn is a popular and traditional pub and restaurant in Guildford, we have won a number of customer service awards and have a great live music scene in our function room in the evenings.
Due to business demand we need an enthusiastic assistant manager with bags of personality to join our team. We are looking for someone with first class communication skills and some form of previous supervisory or team leader experience.
You may already have worked in a quality, branded, high volume food site, or you could be a team leader or supervisor in a pub/restaurant, casual dining, retail or even high street coffee arena, ready to take your skills to the next level. If you think you have got what it takes to succeed in our sector, then want to hear from you.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reporting into the General Manager, you will undertake duty manager shifts and will oversee the daily running of the business in the absence of the GM and Deputy Manager.
- You will ensure first class customer service delivery and quality standards are maintained and that customer expectations are met.
- You will support with the recruitment, training, development and daily management of our team of staff.
- Previous assistant management, team leader or supervisory level experience within any customer service environment.
- First class communication, customer service delivery and quality standards skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to engage, train and motivate teams of staff.
- This is a full time and permanent role that will see you working shift patterns to include evenings and weekends, so you must be flexible in terms of the hours required of you.
- Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
- This role could also offer you the chance to participate in the company’s Assistant Management Development Programme, which provides excellent prospects for the right enthusiastic, career minded candidate.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
If you think you have the skills, enthusiasm and dedication required to undertake this role please apply online now.
Please note that this is a live out role.
- As above