Chef - Dirty Martini
Nightcap is an award-winning operator in the late-night bar scene. We operate a portfolio of bars and venues across the UK, including brands like The Cocktail Club, Tonight Josephine, Barrio Familia, and Dirty Martini to name just a few. With a mission to be the UK's leading bar group. Our purpose of existence is the belief that EVERYONE deserves a great night out, and therefore it's everyone's job to make sure we create great nights... and days out! We have a lively and dynamic work-ethos across all our bars and offices. Our culture is creative, innovative, and collaborative, where everyone contributes ideas and brings their true self to work every day, as we are hell-bent on harnessing a place where everyone can belong. Working here is fast paced, at times challenging, but copious amounts of fun!
Dirty Martini isn't just any cocktail bar; we're an industry-leading brand that believes in providing exceptional training, competitive pay, and endless opportunities for growth. You'll have the chance to work alongside top professionals, get creative with menu design, and even attend product tastings and showcases. It's an experience like no other!
We pride ourselves in great guest experience and throwing the best parties. We would like to up the game with providing tasty food from fresh ingredients not just during our events, such as our awesome weekend Brunches, but also as many days as possible!
What's in it for you?
- Your dedication to the customer experience will be rewarded with a generous service charge.
- An amazing 50% discount on food and drink across all our awesome venues.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides consultation sessions on mental health, well-being and finance, grants, and any other needed support.
- Third-party training sessions that come with globally accepted certificates.
- Incredible career progression opportunities. We're invested in your success during your time with us!
- And don't forget our annual Nightfest staff party, where over we all come together to celebrate. It's an event you won't want to miss!
What We Need:
As a Chef, you will prepare and produce quality food, ensure service standards are always met and maintained in line with our guests' expectations and follow food safety and sanitation practices. It will be your duty to prepare, cook and present every dish with pride and passion and according to our brand standards.
This is a PART TIME/FULL TIME vacancy, with shifts based over Monday -Sunday, and a wage starting at 11.50 per hour!
- Oversee food preparation, ensuring that all dishes are prepared to the highest standards and in accordance with recipes and plating guidelines.
- Maintain high standards of food quality, taste, and presentation, consistently delivering exceptional dishes to customers.
- Organize and supervise kitchen staff, ensuring a smooth workflow and efficient operation.
- Monitor food supplies and ingredients, placing orders as needed to maintain stock levels and avoid shortages.
- Adhere to and enforce strict health and safety standards in the kitchen, maintaining a clean and hygienic work environment.
- Train and mentor kitchen staff, promoting skill development and fostering a positive work culture.
- Assist in managing food costs by minimizing waste and optimizing ingredient usage.
- Supporting the Management in delivering the best possible experience.
Skills and Experience:
- 1 years' experience in a busy kitchen.
- In-depth knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, and cuisines.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to manage and motivate kitchen staff effectively.
- Creativity and passion for food, demonstrated through the ability to create unique and visually appealing dishes.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
If you enjoy cooking up delicious food and providing excellent service to create memorable experiences for our guests, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We look forward to having you join our team at Dirty Martini!