Ladieswear Product Developer - Lutterworth
George: Product Development Roles: C10 Ladieswear Product Developer
Are you an experienced Garment Technologist looking for a new challenge?
As a Garment Technologist you will be responsible for ensuring quality or exciting and credible ranges that will appeal to George customers. You will play an important role in delivering product that is fit for purpose, where quality, style and value is consistently delivered across our range.
Product Development Expert
We have an exciting opportunity for a Ladieswear Garment Technologist, working in a fast-paced environment to join our very talented technical team. This role will be based at our GEORGE Head Office in Lutterworth/Leicestershire, working Hybrid between office/ home.
You will own the technical development across multiple categories within our GEORGE range, working closely with our Buying and Design teams to proactively manage quality assurance from concept to store and identify any manufacturing or performance opportunities.
You will apply your knowledge and understanding of product construction, fabric capabilities, finishes and performance, print and embellishment techniques, fabric testing, test report evaluation, risk assessment and compliance with legislation to help George become the UK's favourite value led, omni channel lifestyle brand.
What we're looking for:
- Experienced multi category Garment Technologist, with at least 5 years' experience in a similar role. Experience in ladies' jersey and nightwear is preferred.
- Able to work in a busy fast paced environment, remaining calm under pressure, adaptable and not afraid of change.
- Demonstrable experience of fabric testing and test report evaluation across multi product areas.
- Experienced and proficient in supporting, building effective relationships, communicating and engaging with colleagues, a global supply base including overseas suppliers, factories, offices and leadership team.
- Be proactive in approach to all aspects of your work, with an emphasis on continuously seeking opportunities to innovate and improve the business, as well as your own learning and development.
- Able to work as part of a team and independently, and guide and support junior members of the team.
- Demonstrates a strong passion for the GEORGE brand, and clear understanding of value.
- Be able to effectively manage and drive fit sessions, follow our sealing process, as well as identify opportunities to eliminate duplication.
- Work closely with Buying and Design to progress effective product development and to proactively manage quality assurance - engagement at design stage to drive right first time.
- Ability to demonstrate product comparisons and benchmarking against competition and in line with industry innovation.
- Ensure that standards and specifications are kept up to date, and that these are effectively communicated internally and externally.
- Deliver clear product briefs, blocks and specifications to reduce sampling to a minimum. In addition to this, a good understanding and enthusiasm for driving 3D design and fit processes.
- Maintain product compliance with ASDA/George standards.
- Understanding of GEORGE sustainability goals and support buying teams achieve these.
- Take responsibility to problem solve quality issues in the most cost effective and profit conscious way whilst maintaining customer focus.