Head of Reception and Hospitality - London
Head of Reception and Hospitality 33,000 per annum London Entrée as a brand
Our aim is to be a very exclusive brand within our niche market, driven by passion and quality to the highest standards of bespoke service. To achieve this, we need to be passionate, to believe in our vision, and to be excited about the journey we’ve started. You are the heart and soul of entrée and it’s you that will make our brand unique. We are excited to be recruiting for a Head of Reception and Hospitality to work at Berkeley Partnership.
entrée is a very diverse brand and full of flavours, our culture reflects this: a vibrant blend of trust, respect, teamwork, commitment – and fun! Above all, we want you to feel valued, so as well as investing in our clients by creating a bespoke experience like no other, we’ve committed to investing in you and your long-term career development. Because we believe that entrée offers much more than just a job.
Location: Berkeley Partnership
Rate of pay: £33,000 per annum
Working pattern: Monday to Friday 08:00-17:00 or 09:00-18:00 ocationally evenings
• Set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the reception with Team of receptionist and barista, including managing the recruitment and selection process to ensure that it effectively meets the need of the Entrée (Vacherin) standards.
• Assess employee performance and recognize training needs and potential as appropriate.
• Monitor the work of all team members and carry out appraisals ensuring that information is filed appropriately, with development plans that are actively used.
• Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information.
• Work in conjunction with Deputy Head of Entrée and Operations Manager to prepare client reports and presentations including detailing financial performance, activity, KPIs and plans for the site.
• Develop and evolve all client services at location, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented.
• Act as a positive ambassador for the business.
Main Duties – Reception & Facilities
• Coordinate the activities of the reception and hospitality team.
• To ensure that visitors and staff always receive VIP customer service, providing a warm, courteous, and prompt welcome on arrival for all and kept informed of any delays and progress and to ensure they are comfortable.
• Ensure that the staff area, and managed rooms are always kept tidy and clean.
• To liaise with Security and Ground Floor Reception to ensure seamless entry/egress to the building for visitors.
• Liaise with IT team to ensure meeting room needs are met.
• To liaise with IT to ensure that all Audio-Visual equipment is working, and the relevant client requirements have been accommodated.
• Stationery and toiletries on a regular basis ensuring stock levels remain consistent.
• Responsible for checking the state of stationery and equipment in the reception area and if found to be malfunctioning, the maintenance personnel should be informed to fix it.
• To report any technical faults for meeting room reservation systems, or switchboard to IT.
• To oversee and handle room bookings and to liaise with room bookers/Partners.
• Managing all room bookings ensuring time between meetings for room turnaround
• Ensuring rooms are clean and prepared before each meeting and set up according to the agreed client standards.
• Ensure the catering needs are met, working alongside hospitality assistant/barista to support them in delivering this.
• Working with hospitality assistant/barista to co-ordinate timely delivery and clean-up of additional catering needs
• Creating training manuals and reception and switchboard standard operating procedures on all receptions and ensure they are up to date.
• To ensure that the handover is completed when opening and closing Reception.
• Supporting work to improve Sustainability credentials and support Net Zero journey where possible.
• Ensuring the safety and security of the building is paramount at all times, including maintaining alarm and building access passes.
• Working with the office manager and external suppliers to solve issues within the office in a timely manner e.g. fixing broken facilities and handyman requirements
• To ensure H&S procedures are adhered to and the H&S induction is completed by all reception team members.
• To oversee the facilities and adhoc requests
General business support and administration
To oversee Ad- hoc requests such as:
• Booking, couriers, restaurants, and travel arrangements.
• Assisting the HR team by managing the facilities and operational requirements for interviews, new joiner induction and leavers process.
• Ensuring that all support and process manuals are reviewed and updated regularly.
• Maintaining a good working relationship with our suppliers/vendors, making sure the firm is receiving a good quality service and achieving value for money.
• Managing some aspects of Sharepoint and provide ad-hoc support when required.
Mian duties - Hospitality
• To oversee the office food and beverage order
• To oversee stock, take and complete close of the month check
• To ensure that all food and beverages to the highest standard and in line with the Vacherin style
• using the correct tools and presentation techniques
• Responsible for the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of the Hospitality service, to according to the staff rotas and daily work schedules.
• To ensure that all rooms are laid up to the standards required for the following day.
• To take direct responsibility for the preparation and supervision of events
• Assisting the Office manager with internal/external meeting room booking, room set up and catering for meetings/ workshops, providing ad hoc support as needed.
• Ensuring meetings, workshops and events are successful; helping to greet guests, ensuring catering is timely throughout the day, providing ad-hoc support as required.
• Always follow Group and company policies and procedures.
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
• Top ensure that all COSHH and HACCP procedures and methods are reviewed and kept updated.
• To report any equipment and or building fabric faults and any hygiene, health and safety hazards to the client using their systems and using CH&CO systems.
Professional & Personal Attributes:
• Management experience
• Enthusiastic, flexible, and positive, interested in and able to make a strong contribution within the wider Business Services team and the firm. What's in it for you?
• Strives to deliver a consistently high quality of service in all they do, seeking and responding to feedback and looking for continuous ways to improve “how things are done”.
• Strong organisation and prioritisation skills – ability to manage own time.
• Enjoys variety.
• Strong interpersonal skills – friendly and highly people-focussed, able to build good working and social relationships, good team player.
• High attention to detail and able to work with tight deadlines.
• Excellent communications skills, both orally and written.
Working with Vacherin has its perks! People are at the heart of everything we do, so we've developed a range of benefits to keep you happy.
- Personal Development and Training opportunities
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
- Holiday allowance
- Private medical eligibility
- Eye care
- A great wellbeing strategy – including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, salary finance
- Family friendly support
- Regular social events and communication with our leaders
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Volunteering days
- Professional subscriptions
- Recognition schemes and people awards
- Long service awards
- Access to some great high street discount vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Vacherin officially formed part of CH&CO Catering Group Ltd in 2021. Partnerships, Innovation, Integrity, Quality, Fun