Laundry Tunnel Operator / Laundry Specialist at Little Bill Laundry
Little Bill Laundry - part of Imperial London Hotels
Leyton E10 7QP
Contract 40 hours a week (Shift Pattern 5/ 7 days working from 14:30 - 23:00)
25,215.00 + Benefits
Our Laundry service - Little Bill Laundry - located in Leyton, provides washing services and linen rental producing over 500,000 items a week for our 7 Imperial London Hotels and other hotel brands across central London. We are a family business with over 113 years of experience and are committed to providing a green, sustainable and reliable service through investing in the best machinery and operating a fleet or CNG vehicles to lead the way for sustainable laundry process
We are recruiting for Laundry Tunnel Operator / Tunnel Specialist working 40 hours per week at our Leyton site location. We don't want you to work for us, we want you to work with us and be part of our ILH Family.
What you will be doing
Our Laundry Tunnel Operator undertake a range of physical and heavy manual duties at the laundry. Operating two tunnels following the instructions and the sequences to operate the flow of linen cages. You will be responsible for operating and loading any of the two tunnels properly without causing any damage.
- Label all barrows of linen by customer name to identification during the washing process.
- Switch on the laundry by following Laundry start up process.
- Make sure all linen barrows have labels on shop floor at the end of the shift.
- Wax the ironers and prepare them before the shift starts.
- Keep the working area clean and tidy all time
- Filling in the specific forms for the tunnel's operators and for the tunnel loaders
- Following the Rota system for the laundry hand specialist.
- To Run, load and unload any of the tunnel washers, washer extractors or tumble driers, following the machine instructions and the sequence to run them properly without causing any damage.
- To Take production and consumption records filling in the forms located in each machine.
- To Prepare cages of clean linen to be delivered to the hotels.
- To Sort out the linen when required.
What would like from you
If you have worked as a previous laundry hand or operator then that is great, though if you haven't, don't worry as we'll ensure you have full training to show you how to perform all duties of the role and safely using the laundry equipment. What we would like from you is a positive attitude, your hard work and commitment to do a great job but most importantly working together as a team player.
What you will get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days (pro rota)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Uniforms and refreshments (e.g. tea, coffee & toasts)
- 300 Refer a Friend Scheme
- Opportunity to explore other roles within ILH Group after 1 year of service
- 50% discount to friends and family in our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Interest-free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, and Restaurant outlets
- Reward and recognition schemes
- e-points to be used across several high street brands and online retailers
- Supported by Hospitality Action