Sous Chef - Huntingdon
What's in it for you:
- Part of the Cambscuisine group that has a strong family culture, amazing people, gorgeous venues, and a supportive senior management team.
- Work life balance (moving to a 4 day week)
- Salary up to 32,000
- 7000- 9000 Tronc per annum.
- Site performance bonus.
- Accommodation available.
- Fast focused development.
- Paid Overtime or Time in Lieu (Individuals Preference).
- 50% off food & drink in all Cambscuisine sites.
- Tech Scheme.
- Cycle Scheme.
- Opportunities for growth and development with personal development plans and leadership training with Purple Story the home of operational excellence.
- Additional qualifications - Mental Health First Aid, & Fire Marshal
- Epic summer and Christmas Staff parties.
- Off road onsite parking.
- A paid walking trip up the mountains for two days with our MD.
- Site visits to our suppliers.
- Up skill sessions workshops.
The Cock (National Pub of the Year twice in the last decade) is a country pub and restaurant serving modern British fayre, that sits close to the Great Ouse river in the lovely village of Hemingford Grey not far from Huntingdon and St Ives. If you love working with high-quality and locally sourced ingredients and products, being part of a team and working with collaborative and passionate people, then The Cock is the place for you.
We are looking for a Sous Chef who will work closely with the Head Chef in developing a reputation for offering outstanding food and developing the team. You will be involved with food ordering, preparation, delivery, stock control, team development, and ensuring health and hygiene regulations are adhered to. You will be responsible for BOH in the absence of the Head Chef and have experience working in a similar environment as a Sous Chef, a 'can do' attitude, and a real passion for people.
Cambscuisine is an award-winning, unique business with 8 gorgeous venues. We have 5 picturesque country Pubs in and around Cambridge and 3 stunning Restaurant venues in the heart of Cambridge city centre. We have grown steadily over the 22 years since the purchase of The Cock at Hemingford Grey in 2001 and are still thriving and growing today. We take great pride in everything we do, but especially in our people as they are at the forefront of what we do. Our Head chefs build their own menus with their amazing teams which give our sites their own unique character. We recruit based on personality and that can easily be seen when visiting any of our sites as all our team members are lovely, cheery and professional. We are also looking for people who have "can do" attitudes and will bring energy and passion to their everyday work life. There is lots of opportunity for growth and fast-focus development with us especially for the right Candidate.