Sous Chef - Braemar
As a Senior Sous Chef of our fine dining restaurant, The Clunie Dining Room at The Fife Arms Hotel in Braemar, you will be in charge of the operation in the absence of our Head Chef.
You will support our Head Chef in his duties to ensure the smooth running of kitchen operations to the highest standards, including creating and developing dishes and menus for The Clunie Dining Room, using the very best of local and national natural resources and ingredients.
As Senior Sous Chef you will be responsible for:
- Managing the brigade ensuring the smooth, safe, and efficient running of the kitchen operation.
- Demonstrating a committed approach to the development of creative menus and service in the kitchen.
- Ensuring the quality of food is of the exceptional standard expected when dining at the hotel.
- Continually striving towards achievement and improvement.
- Ensuring the Head Chef is kept aware of any relevant feedback from either the hotel guests or team.
- Assisting on sections or help with other duties when required.
- Training and delegation of tasks to the junior members of the team.
- Ordering on a daily basis, whilst keeping in mind stock usage, menu planning and business levels.
- The cleanliness, stock control, organisation and standards of the kitchen.
Our successful Senior Sous Chef will have:
- Proven experience from within. a similar luxury hospitality environment.
- A true passion for food
- The enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Good kitchen & knife skills
- A thorough understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen.
- A willingness to work to the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment.
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail.
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment
- Experience of supervising and guiding others.
You'll be surrounded by a team with a creative flair and a passion for delivering some of the best food and brilliant service within Scotland. With a desire to learn and grow. All striving to go beyond for guests, our team and the community.
What's in it for you?
- 48-hour contract - overtime paid in accordance with Hotel's overtime policy
- 30 days holiday
- Free annual guest experience for you and a plus one
- Support in finding your home in the Scottish Highlands
- Free food and drinks whilst on shift
- Generous Artfarm-wide discounts including our properties in Somerset, Scottish Highlands, London, and Los Angeles
- Amazing sports and social events led by local social committees
- Life Assurance
- Health benefits including a health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career development opportunities tailored around your aspirations and goals
About Artfarm and The Fife Arms Hotel
Artfarm is a one-of-a-kind independent hospitality company founded by Iwan and Manuela Wirth. Renowned for developing and reinventing distinctive sites including the award-winning Fife Arms Hotel in Braemar, The Fish Shop Restaurant & Fishmongers in Ballater, The Audley Public House & Mount Street Restaurant in Mayfair, London, Manuela restaurant in Los Angeles, Roth Bar & Grill and Durslade Farm Shop in Somerset. Artfarm uniquely brings together art, community, education, people, and place.
Located in the heart of Braemar, the hotel houses 46 beautifully appointed bedrooms - each one a homage to place, person, or event with links to the area along with the stunning Albamhor Spa and some of the most unique event spaces. Dining experiences extend to the Clunie Dining Room showcasing the art of open wood-fire cooking, The Flying Stag Pub serving up local beers and firm Scottish favourites, Berties our glamorous and elegant Whisky Bar, Elsa's our Art Deco Cocktail Bar and our more relaxed Drawing Room - all of which celebrate the best in local ingredients and are expertly prepared by our dedicated culinary team.
Want to join the family? Apply today!