Assistant Accountant - Soho Works
Who We Are...
We are a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels, workspaces and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally. Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
The Assistant Accountant position is a newly created role to help the Soho Works Financial Controller and wider Finance Team with a range of financial reporting. This role will sit in our UK Finance team, reporting to the Financial Controller and will have an opportunity to be involved in a variety of work across a wide spectrum.
- Month end journal processing
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Fixed Asset Register maintenance and reconciliations
- Intercompany Reconciliation
- Assist with updating the information for the weekly accounts pack
- Weekly and month end support for Business Partner
- Support with Quarterly Analytics and Reporting
- Payment updates on Nexudus and Tripleaseat
- Support with the weekly updates of the debt report
- Ongoing implementation of financial processes and controls
- Provide support throughout the year end with the audit process
- Support the Financial Controller and Business Partner with the month end close process
- Additional ad-hoc duties as requested
What We Are Looking For...
You will likely be CIMA/ACCA part qualified with 2+ years of experience working in a similar role within a fast-paced multi-site business or comparable experience in a large accounting practice with a hands-on approach Technical knowledge of UK GAAP Strong analytical and reconciliations skills Advanced Excel skills and ideally experience with Sage Accounts package Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure Organised and methodical
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you're seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to grow your career.
- Weekly Pay
- Soho Friends Membership (Every House Membership applicable after 1 year' service)
- Free lunch at Store X Caf in 180 Strand Mondays & Fridays
- 50% off Food & Drink, 7 days a week
- Staff Room Rate; Any Bedroom, Any House, $100 a night
- Private Health and Dental Care
- Life Assurance
- Birthday Day Off
- Up to 50% Staff Discount on Cowshed & Soho Home
- Dog Policy
- Season Ticket Loan
- Christmas Office Closure
- In conjunction with Soho Impact, take 2 days paid a year to support a charity of your choice.
- Free Counselling Sessions
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Our Cookhouse & House Tonic programmes offer unique food and drink trainings, events and opportunities to inspire and educate.
- Continuous training to develop yourself personally and professionally
- Exclusive access to our benefits platform with hundreds of discounts on shopping, gym memberships, holidays, insurance and much more
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
Opportunities for all...
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.