Head Chef - The Pheasant Inn
What makes the perfect pub? Great ales, good food, an inviting atmosphere and the warmest of welcomes.
This newly refurbished 17th-century coaching inn provides the perfect base for exploring the Lake District, as well as offering fantastic food and drink, quirky accommodation and a real flavour of the best Cumbria has to offer. The recent restoration has brought new life to The Pheasant Inn while maintaining the heritage of the site.
At The Inn Collection Group, we proudly stay true to our pub roots, creating inns where everyone would like to eat, drink, sleep and explore from. Our people are the key to the success of the group and help us to ensure the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
The Pheasant Inn is now looking to recruit a Head Chef
The Inn Collection Group is a multi award winning pubs with rooms company in outstanding locations across the North of England and Wales. Here at 'ICG' we deliver hospitality by living and breathing our core values of; Customer Focused, Courage, Execution, Honesty, Respect and Results all with our aim in Making People Happy.
Why Join Inn?
- Extra paid holiday in month of your birthday
- 50% off food in any of our Inns
- 1 bed and breakfast in any of our Inns during January, February or March
- 1/3 off room bookings all year round
- Friends & family pass - 15% off bed and breakfast rate
- 50 on the day bookings for bed and breakfast at any of our Inns
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 confidential support
- Weekly pay available
- Tronc (...that's tips to me and you!)
- Working for Best Pub Employer at the Publican Awards
- Paid breaks in our Inns
- Work for an Employer that gives back to their local community via our Give INN Back scheme
- Mental Health awareness within the workplace - Training provided for all managers
- Flexible working available
A successful Head Chef candidate will be:
- Minimum of 2/3 years experience in a high volume environment
- Flair and enthusiasm for cooking with fresh quality ingredients.
- The ability to cope under pressure, calmly and efficiently to set deadlines.
- Previous management of a kitchen team.
- Good interpersonal skills with both kitchen, front of house staff, and management.
- A positive approach to menu planning and costing.
- Level 3 food safety certificate
- Stocktaking experience
- HACCP experience
Head Chef duties:
- To help produce, monitor, and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas.
- To have total accountability for the day-to-day running of the kitchen.
- Ordering, using nominated suppliers
- Achieving budgeted costs for food, wastage, and wages.
- Menu development
- Stock control
- Team management and training
- Daily briefings
- Kitchen cleanliness