Plymouth Hospital | Physiotherapy | Bank contract | Part time
Up to £19.00 per hour
Working on the bank means you are not contracted to a set number of hours per week but instead work on an ad-hoc basis to suit the needs of the business and your availability
If you want to make a big impact in the private space, here's where you can. As the UK's largest Healthcare Charity, we're shaping the nation's health. We support and encourage postgraduate education with access to training, mentoring and career development - so we'll help shape your future, too.
As a Senior Physiotherapist at our Plymouth Hospital, you'll have an active Health and Care Professions Council registration along with a CPD portfolio, reflecting on a wide range of physiotherapy experience with a focus on musculoskeletal physiotherapy and sports injuries. In addition to this, you will have excellent manual therapy skills and will be able to prioritise and manage a varied workload. You're also good with computers and a confident communicator.
HCPC Registration is essential for this role
As a Senior Physiotherapist, you will work independently as an autonomous, experienced practitioner to deliver high quality physiotherapy care to patients.
Also as a Senior Physiotherapist, you will:
- Undertake assessments in patients presenting often complex musculoskeletal conditions and conditions masquerading as musculoskeletal pathology
- Appropriately identify patients who require onward referral to advanced level physiotherapists/ consultants or other healthcare consultants including the use of internal escalation pathways for patients presenting with serious pathology.
- Undertake treatment underpinned by extensive clinical knowledge and skills to deliver high quality patient outcomes.
- Maintain relevant clinical skills and provides on-going evidence of personal CPD and Professional registration
- Manage complex face to face and remote service caseload effectively ensuring cases are discharged appropriately on systems
- Support colleagues and less experienced members of staff including administration staff and physiotherapy assistant colleagues to enhance clinical outcomes and patient experience
Supporting your growth.
We're committed to the professional development of all our clinical colleagues. Inside our Learning and Development Academy, you'll discover a range of internal CPD courses and online content to support your clinical and professional development. As a Nuffield Health Physiotherapist, you'll also enjoy opportunities to apply for funding support towards your relevant CPD activity and postgraduate study. Plus, you can access further professional development opportunities via the large number of apprenticeship programmes we offer.
Helping you feel good
We want you to love coming to work, feeling healthy, happy and valued. That's why we've developed a benefits package with you in mind. From Holiday in line with the Working Time Directive, access to our Pension Scheme and discounted gym membership at £15.00 a month.
Nuffield Health Plymouth Hospital
The Nuffield Health Plymouth Hospital is situated next to the Nuffield Health Devonshire Gym, in Derriford, Plymouth and we have been part of the Plymouth community since 1971. We have 3 main theatres - 2 laminar flow and 1 digital, a fully JAG accredited endoscopy suite, a 35-bedded ward with one 4 bedded bay and one 2 bedded bay. Our outpatients department has 12 consulting rooms with a dedicated ophthalmology suite and ENT service.
We carry out treatment under a range of specialities including Orthopaedics, Plastic Surgery and Neurosurgery. We recently were rated in the top 50 hospitals in the country for our total hip replacement patient outcomes
Join Nuffield Health and create the future you want, today.
If you like what you see, why not start your application now? We consider applications as we receive them and reserve the right to close adverts early (for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications). So, it's a good idea to apply right away to ensure you're considered for this role.
It starts with you.