Seasonal & Sundries Team Leader - Farnham, Surrey
We are looking to recruit a Full-Time Permanent Team Leader to our Seasonal and Sundries department, working 38 hours per week, and alternate weekends. Salary is up to £29,000 per annum depending on experience.
Haskins Garden Centres
Haskins is a family owned, award winning business with 5 destination garden centres across the South of England, each with a large restaurant.
We constantly strive to improve the service and experience we offer our customers, that’s why the recruitment of our people is so important to us. If you are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, have an eagerness to learn, and want to be part of a leading business, we want you to join our team.
The role of Seasonal and Sundries Team Leader
You will supervise the Seasonal and Sundries team and departments to maximise profit and minimise losses whilst always ensuring that the team aim to meet company sales targets and objectives. This role is at the heart of everything we do, you’ll be collaborating with the Trading Team and wider Garden Centre on a daily basis to support the smooth running of our centre. You will be a trusted member of our leadership team, acting as a Key-holder and required to be Duty Manager on occasion. It goes without saying that customer service is essential to this role, and you will embed a high standard of both internal and external customer service in your team. You’ll be passionate about supporting your team, and involved in the recruitment, induction, and ongoing training of your people to deliver our high standards.
Skills required for the role:
- Previous retail/customer service-related experience
- Good line management skills to guide, develop and motivate teams
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Planning and prioritising
- People/team leadership and development
- Strong organisational skills to balance and prioritise own and team’s workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative and problem-solve
- High level of inter-personal skills
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Enjoyment of team-working
- Flexible ‘work ethic’
- Highly self motivated
- High standard of personal presentation
- Relevant product-range knowledge
- Financial awareness
- Knowledge of health & safety legislation
- IT system/data-base experience
Our employee benefits package includes:
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing free and confidential counselling and advice to all employees and their immediate family.
- Contributory pension scheme for eligible employees
- Generous Staff Discount Scheme after completion of probationary period
- Free on-site parking
- Staff Uniform provided