Bird Keeper - Birdworld - Farnham, Surrey
We are delighted to be offering an exciting opportunity for a full-time Bird Keeper to join our team.
Successful candidate will:
- Hold an animal related qualification.
- Have minimum three years’ experience working within a recognised zoological collection, ideally specialising in birds.
- Have keen observation skills, great time management, basic maintenance skills, and be able to prioritise tasks to ensure the highest standard of care for the collection.
- Enjoy, and demonstrate a passion for aviculture, offering exceptional and engaging experiences to our visitors.
- Be physically fit and enjoy working outside in all weathers.
- Full UK driver’s licence and access to transport.
This role offers:
- Full-time position, working 38 hours a week.
- Working with a wide range of fantastic species including penguins, hornbills, parrots, owls, cranes, flamingos and various softbills.
- Current rate of pay for this role is £21,439 per year.
In return for your hard work and dedication, there are a range of benefits attached to this role, including:
- 20 days annual leave for the first year, increasing thereafter.
- Alternate weekends off.
- Paid overtime at standard hourly rate for position.
- Full outdoor-appropriate uniform.
- Staff discount from our shop and food outlets, discount across Haskins Garden Centres, and free complementary Birdworld ticket allowance for family and friends once you have passed you probationary period.
- Pension plan.
We close recruitment for this role on Monday 15th Jan 2024.
Set within 26 acres of beautiful, landscaped gardens, Birdworld is the largest bird park in the country and is home to a diverse collection of species. We are offering a unique career opportunity for a Bird Keeper to join our expanding livestock teams.
Supporting the Aviculture Team Lead and working alongside the Bird Team, you will focus your time on the day-to-day husbandry of the diverse aviculture collection.