Goods in Assistant - Crawley, West Sussex
We are recruiting a Goods In Assistant on a Part-time, Permanent basis, working 15 hours per week, including a weekend.
About the role
You will be reporting directly to the warehouse manager and will need a good eye for detail and be confident to do numerical calculations and tallies. Day to day warehouse duties include lifting, carrying and clerical administration. This role demands diligence and care to ensure that stock control systems remain accurate. You will be booking in deliveries, returning items to suppliers, preparing the delivery van, stacking and storing goods using warehouse equipment. Forklift and electric pallet truck experience would be an advantage, however full training will be given.
- Ensure accuracy of deliveries
- Ensure delivery forms are signed
- Move goods to appropriate storage areas
- Allocate storage space based on type and size
- Quality control goods upon delivery
- Ensure all information is recorded in logs
- Comply to the company’s safety and security procedures
- Record movement of goods using barcode scanners
- General housekeeping duties
The candidate will need to be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and have confidence to work independently and as a team player. You will need to be confident working with computer systems as you will be responsible for maintaining warehouse movement reports on a regular basis. You must be physically fit and able to lift substantial weights. You will need to understand security and health procedures that govern warehouse operations. Previous warehouse experience would be an advantage.
Our employee benefits package includes:
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing free and confidential counselling and advice to all employees and their immediate family.
- Contributory pension scheme for eligible employees
- Generous Staff Discount Scheme after completion of probationary period
- Free on-site parking
- Staff Uniform provided
Haskins Garden Centres
Haskins is a family owned, award winning business with 5 destination garden centres across the South of England, each with a large restaurant.
We constantly strive to improve the service and experience we offer our customers, that’s why the recruitment of our people is so important to us. If you are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, have a sense of humour and an eagerness to learn, we want you to join our friendly, happy team.