Experienced Pastry Chef - Brighton, East Sussex
The Flour Pot Bakery is a family owned independent artisan bakery in Brighton & Hove, specialising in long fermented sourdough, yeasted breads and viennoiserie. We serve our own Flour Pot shops in the city and a growing wholesale customer base that appreciate the best quality hand-crafted products.
Our viennoiserie section is based in our central bakery in Portslade, and is currently focussed on a range including croissants, pain au chocolate, pain raisin, and a selection of vegan and danish pastries. The job outline and requirements as follows:
- Shaping and preparing butter sheets
- Laminating dough and shaping croissants and other styles of viennoiserie
- Keeping track of fermentation and adjusting schedules and timing to ensure consistency
- Preparing other ingredients to be used in danishes, twice-baked croissants, etc.
- Baking, proofing and traying up pastries
- Cleaning and maintaining bakery equipment
- Maintaining production schedules to ensure adequate quantities of pastrieS
- Highly motivated team player
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience in a similar role
Please note that applications can only be considered if you are currently eligible to work in the UK. Applicants must be able to attend an interview and fluent English language skills are essential.
We look forward to hearing from you.