We are seeking to employ a kitchen porter to work in our main production kitchen and bakery.
We are based on Chapel Road in Portslade and ideally you will require your own transport to get to work. The nearest train station is Fishersgate which is a 2 minute walk.
The job is a part time role over 4 and sometimes a full time 5 days per week with weekend work included. The hours are 8am until 4pm.
- Assist in food preparation and cooking under the supervision of the kitchen staff
- Clean and sanitize kitchen equipment, utensils, and work areas
- Wash dishes, pots, pans, and other kitchenware
- Sweep and mop floors to maintain cleanliness in the kitchen
- Dispose of trash and recyclables properly
- Assist with receiving and storing food supplies
- Follow all health and safety regulations in the kitchen
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of basic culinary techniques and food preparation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and cleanliness
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
As a Kitchen Porter, you will play a crucial role in supporting the bakery staff in maintaining a clean and organized work environment. Your assistance with food preparation, cleaning duties, and following health and safety guidelines will contribute to the smooth operation of our culinary team.
This is a great opportunity to work in a busy artisan kitchen and bakery, and we would expect you to have bags of enthusiasm and energy. Availability to work at weekends is expected. You must have your own transport or be able to get here easily by public transport. The potential to learn other skills for the right applicant could well be available to the right candidates