Sales Manager Corporate - Knightsbridge, London
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
For more than two decades, Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinct mark on the global hospitality market with its unwavering Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award winning destinations, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, signature dining experiences and artful surroundings at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia, and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scale up its operations to the next level of growth, we remain fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, the Carlton Tower Jumeirah is the quintessential address in SW1 where heritage meets contemporary luxury. Featuring 186 beautifully appointed guest rooms, 87 of which have the fantastic benefit of a balcony, a rarity for the capital, enabling guests to take full advantage of the stunning views across London. The property also boasts the city’s largest naturally lit swimming pool, situated at the impressive rooftop health club and spa, The Peak, access to the private Cadogan Gardens and destination Italian restaurant Al Mare.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Sales Manager Corporate to join us at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Prospect and develop targets list of new potential accounts by defined industry segment and undertake tele-sales and other prospecting activity to realise potential revenues.
- Create an entertain site inspections and host familiarisation trips in line with entertainment policy and budget.
- Undertake sales calls and presentations to develop and grow relationships and maximize revenues from Corporate, Agency and Group accounts.
- To undertake ten client site inspection/visits a week liaising with the Event Team & London Global Sales Office.
- Build relationships and development jointly beneficial activity with industry partners.
- Produces yearly action plans for self to agreed standard recording previous activity and future planned activity, including reporting on revenue and activity goals.
- To ensure timely communication of offers to the marketplace based on the market and diary demands.
- To evaluate the online tools, providing sales information and devise sales action plans with key considerations from this.
- To participate in scheduled sales blitzes & lead closing weeks to maximise opportunities for both London Hotels with the to achieve the pre-set targets within such weeks.
- To undertake 10 client site inspection/visits/a week liaising with the Events Team & London Global Sales Office.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Degree or similar level qualification is desirable
- Minimum 2 years in upscale or luxury hospitality field
- Proven track record of success in revenue generation
- Previous experience in using RFPs, either in preparing or responding
- Word-processing skills, preferably with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint - Essential
- Experience with Opera/Delphi/Cvent – desirable
About the Benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Competitive salary + excellent benefits
- 33 holidays inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Nest pension
- Extra holiday for significant Birthdays (21.30.40. etc.)
- Life insurance
- Next pension
- Jumeirah perks website access – discount
- F&B and Spa treatment discount
- Lieu day if you work on Bank Holidays
- Dry cleaning of uniform or Business attire
- Meals on duty
- Employee assistance programs
- Wellness benefits – Chiropodist, Flu jabs, and more!
- Taxi service after hours
- Social events & recognitions programs
- Ongoing training & development
- Weeding/Baby gift
- Company sick pay
- Travel card season ticket loan
- Cycle scheme
- Internal transfer scheme
- Eye test and discount for VDU users
- Dental cash back plan
- External transfer scheme