Hotel Manager - Knightsbridge, London
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
For more than two decades, Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinct mark on the global hospitality market with its unwavering Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, signature dining experiences and artful surroundings at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia, and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scale up its operations to the next level of growth, we remain fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, the Carlton Tower Jumeirah is the quintessential address in SW1 where heritage meets contemporary luxury. Featuring 186 beautifully appointed guest rooms, 87 of which have the fantastic benefit of a balcony, a rarity for the capital, enabling guests to take full advantage of the stunning views across London. The property also boasts the city’s largest naturally lit swimming pool, situated at the impressive rooftop health club and spa, The Peak, access to the private Cadogan Gardens and destination Italian restaurant Al Mare.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Hotel Manager to join Executive team in Jumeirah Carlton Tower. To lead and manage the planning and execution of core operations to ensure that the SBU’s objectives and strategic goals are delivered in line with the Group’s corporate guidelines and brand promise, and to foster operational excellence, achieve the property’s ambitious financial objectives and ensure the provision of an exceptional guest experience.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Personally and frequently verify that guests in the hotel are receiving the best possible service available.
- Spend time in the various operations (during peak periods) ensuring the operation is managed well by the Management team and functions properly to its fullest expectations.
- Be demanding and critical when it comes to service and quality standards.
- Ensure both Executives and Department Heads project professionalism.
- Ensure that colleagues are well trained in their jobs and are well groomed and uniformed at all the times on Duty.
- Be available to meet with guests to help Department Heads to deal with discerning or unsatisfied guests.
- Represent the RVP & General Manager in meeting guests when they are unable to do so.
- Frequently verify that the best products are used in the hotel operation.
- Assist Executives and Department Heads in being creative and ensure that the highest level of quality is achieved; in accordance with Forbes, LQA, Leading Hotels of the World, and AA 5 Red Star standards.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety and Environment management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity so that Jumeirah Group provides world class and luxurious hospitality services to its guests and protect the Shareholders’ interests.
- To take responsibility for the timely delivery of Capital projects within the building.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University.
- At least 8 years of hospitality experience, preferably with an international luxury hospitality company.
- A demonstrable track record of operations management of world-class properties.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse workforce.
- Outstanding inter-personal skills and an ability to connect with people at all levels to drive successful relationships.
- Previous experience in a related role within a luxury Hotel environment. Progressive career throughout management levels, ideally either in operational Rooms and/or Food & Beverage divisions.
About the Benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.