Assistant Safety and Security Manager - Knightsbridge, London
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
For more than two decades, Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinct mark on the global hospitality market with its unwavering Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award winning destinations, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, signature dining experiences and artful surroundings at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia, and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scale up its operations to the next level of growth, we remain fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, the Carlton Tower Jumeirah is the quintessential address in SW1 where heritage meets contemporary luxury. Featuring 186 beautifully appointed guest rooms, 87 of which have the fantastic benefit of a balcony, a rarity for the capital, enabling guests to take full advantage of the stunning views across London. The property also boasts the city’s largest naturally lit swimming pool, situated at the impressive rooftop health club and spa, The Peak, access to the private Cadogan Gardens and destination Italian restaurant Al Mare.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Assistant Safety and Security to join us at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Responsible for department control and management in the absence of the Security Manager.
- Evaluates and advises on the performance of security personnel in alignment with business excellence.
- Assists the Security Manager in overseeing and participating in security personnel activities related to safety and security procedures.
- Maintains updated knowledge of all working security systems.
- Ensures thorough investigation, recording, and reporting of all allegations of crime and incidents in accordance with current procedures and laws.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with relevant civil authorities and law enforcement.
- Manages comprehensive key controls, conducts audits, and investigates irregularities using agreed reporting structures.
- Responsible for accurate record-keeping of Found/Lost Property Procedures within the Security Department.
- Coordinates with external authorities, under the guidance of the Security Manager, for criminal incidents and fire/health/safety audits.
- Exercises initiative in decision-making, serves as the Departmental Trainer, and ensures optimal performance resources for security officers.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the security industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience specifically in hotel security.
- Previous successful management experience, demonstrating the ability to lead a team.
- Strong ability to handle conflict in a personable manner and deal effectively with members of the public.
- NEBOSH certification, and SIA license.
- Knowledgeable in CCTV operations, fire safety, emergency training, criminal and health and safety investigations, and possesses relevant report writing skills.
About the Benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Competitive salary + excellent service charge
- 28 holidays inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Extra holiday for significant Birthdays (21.30.40. etc.)
- Life insurance
- Next pension
- Jumeirah perks website access – discount
- F&B and Spa treatment discount
- Lieu day if you work on Bank Holidays
- Dry cleaning of uniform or Business attire
- Meals on duty
- Employee assistance programs
- Wellness benefits – Chiropodist, Flu jabs, and more!
- Taxi service after hours
- Social events & recognitions programs
- Ongoing training & development
- Weeding/Baby gift
- Cycle scheme
- Internal transfer scheme
- Eye test and discount for VDU users
- Dental cash back plan
- External transfer scheme