Purchasing Officer - Knightsbridge, London
We are currently seeking an experienced Purchasing Officer to join the team here at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah. Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over a world - class shopping destination, Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury.
About the Purchasing Officer role:
- Maintain ERP system database.
- Process purchase orders
- Maintain purchase records and other important data.
- Negotiate pricing and supply contracts.
- Develop plans for purchasing services, and supplies.
- Ensure that the products and supplies meet quality standards.
- Work with team members to complete duties as needed.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers.
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Purchasing software (ERP system) and Microsoft Office is essential.
- Minimum 2-3 years purchasing experience.
The benefits of the Purchasing Officer role:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes...
- Competitive Salary + Excellent Service Charge.
- 40 hours, 5 days a week.
- Dental and Eye Care.
- 50% Food and Beverage discounts across Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts globally.
- Preferential room rates across Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts globally.
- Free meals on duty.
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire.
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays.
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays.
- Interest free season ticket loan.
- Recognition and Social calendar.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Enhanced Pension Scheme after 2 years’ service.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
What you need for the Purchasing Officer role:
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent communication skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Goal-oriented, organised team player
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.