Engineering Coordinator - Knightsbridge, London
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
For more than two decades, Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinct mark on the global hospitality market with its unwavering Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award winning destinations, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, signature dining experiences and artful surroundings at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia, and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scale up its operations to the next level of growth, we remain fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, the Carlton Tower Jumeirah is the quintessential address in SW1 where heritage meets contemporary luxury. Featuring 186 beautifully appointed guest rooms, 87 of which have the fantastic benefit of a balcony, a rarity for the capital, enabling guests to take full advantage of the stunning views across London. The property also boasts the city’s largest naturally lit swimming pool, situated at the impressive rooftop health club and spa, The Peak, access to the private Cadogan Gardens and destination Italian restaurant Al Mare.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Coordinator to join us at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Receive job requests form external and internal customers utilizing the maintenance report platform HotSos.
- Prepare purchase orders requests and processing invoices.
- Under the direction of the Engineering leadership team participate in and undertake a range of administrative duties within the engineering office through the maintenance of control logs and Health & Safety records in order to support the function and ultimately the service provided to our guests
- To undertake various other administrative and office tasks as required including diary management, preparing and printing of minutes, arranging meetings, managing Outlook contacts, creating spread sheets, data entry, typing, filing, photocopying, and general correspondence.
- Assist the Director of Engineering and engineering team with all administrative matters.
- Reports any incidents, complaints, suspicious persons or safety hazards immediately.
- To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- Keep engineering emergency contact list current and up to date.
- To comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection etc, and all those contained within the issued Colleague Handbook.
- Manage departmental holidays.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
About the Benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes...
- Competitive salary + excellent service charge
- 28 holidays inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Extra holiday for significant Birthdays (21.30.40. etc.)
- Life insurance
- Next pension
- Jumeirah perks website access – discount
- F&B and Spa treatment discount
- Lieu day if you work on Bank Holidays
- Dry cleaning of uniform or Business attire
- Meals on duty
- Employee assistance programs
- Wellness benefits – Chiropodist, Flu jabs, and more!
- Taxi service after hours
- Social events & recognitions programs
- Ongoing training & development
- Weeding/Baby gift
- Cycle scheme
- Internal transfer scheme
- Eye test and discount for VDU users
- Dental cash back plan
- External transfer scheme