Assistant Manager (Human Resources) - Knightsbridge, London
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
For more than two decades, Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinct mark on the global hospitality market with its unwavering Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, signature dining experiences and artful surroundings at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia, and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scale up its operations to the next level of growth, we remain fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, the Carlton Tower Jumeirah is the quintessential address in SW1 where heritage meets contemporary luxury. Featuring 186 beautifully appointed guest rooms, 87 of which have the fantastic benefit of a balcony, a rarity for the capital, enabling guests to take full advantage of the stunning views across London. The property also boasts the city’s largest naturally lit swimming pool, situated at the impressive rooftop health club and spa, The Peak, access to the private Cadogan Gardens and destination Italian restaurant Al Mare. Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel instead, is an enchanting boutique hotel in the highly exclusive area of Belgravia. Offers a collection of appointed bedrooms and suites designed to suit the needs of both the leisure and business traveller. Set against the serene backdrop of a leafy London square, this chic, contemporary retreat is located just moments away from key attractions including Hyde Park and the Royal Albert Hall. Guests have complimentary access to all facilities at the nearby Jumeirah Carlton Tower.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Assistant Manager Human Resources at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotels.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Handle leave requests, maintain accurate records, and ensure compliance with hotel policies and legal requirements.
- Generate regular reports on HR metrics, such as turnover rates, recruitment status, and training.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure effective communication and understanding of HR policies and procedures throughout the luxury hotel.
- Support training programs for staff to enhance skills and ensure compliance with hotel standards.
- Administer employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other perks, ensuring accurate records.
- Implement and enforce HR policies and procedures to maintain compliance with industry regulations and standards.
- Promote diversity and inclusion initiatives within the hotel, ensuring fair and equitable treatment of all employees and contributing to a diverse workplace culture.
- Develop and implement employee recognition initiatives to acknowledge outstanding performance and foster a culture of appreciation.
- Assist in the performance appraisal process by collecting and organizing relevant data for review meetings.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records, including contracts, performance evaluations, and other relevant documentation, ensuring compliance with confidentiality and data protection regulations.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources management, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with the capacity to lead and motivate a team while working collaboratively with other departments.
- In-depth understanding of the luxury hotel industry, its challenges, and HR best practices specific to this sector.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups, resolve conflicts, and maintain positive employee relations.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and experience in handling employee conflicts and grievances, promoting a positive and harmonious work environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing training programs aimed at enhancing employee skills, compliance, and overall professional development.
About the Benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes...
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- Food and Beverage discount in all Jumeirah restaurants
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities and much more.