Security Officer - Knightsbridge, London
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
For more than two decades, Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinct mark on the global hospitality market with its unwavering Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award winning destinations, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, signature dining experiences and artful surroundings at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia, and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scale up its operations to the next level of growth, we remain fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, the Carlton Tower Jumeirah is the quintessential address in SW1 where heritage meets contemporary luxury. Featuring 186 beautifully appointed guest rooms, 87 of which have the fantastic benefit of a balcony, a rarity for the capital, enabling guests to take full advantage of the stunning views across London. The property also boasts the city’s largest naturally lit swimming pool, situated at the impressive rooftop health club and spa, The Peak, access to the private Cadogan Gardens and destination Italian restaurant Al Mare.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Security Officer to join us at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Responsible for the supervision of the Security Contract Officers and the supervision of the control room and the duties therein.
- Assists to protect CTH & TLH property, colleagues and guests by observing and reporting any suspicious activities for follow up.
- Carries out patrols, Access and key control, emergency respond and notification, public relations.
- To respond immediately and investigate all Fire Alarm activations in accordance with the policies and procedures with regard to fire.
- To assess and report potential safety hazards in order that remedial action may be taken.
- To report and investigate all theft and other criminal offence claims in the hotel or affecting the hotel and during the tour of duty, record all relevant incidents as detailed.
- To assist in enquiries from the police, Government Departments and Law Enforcement Agencies in the absence of the Security Manager or Supervisor
- To respond immediately to all Fire Alarm activations and act in accordance with the policy and procedures with regard to Fire.
- To identify and remove any undesirable who may be seen to be of detriment to the hotel on instruction of the Duty Manager at the time.
- To comply with Key standards of operations for the Security Department.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Hotel security officer experience
- SIA Licenced
- Certified Security training
- Police/Military background
- Excellent level of English read, write and spoken
- Ability to handle a ‘Crisis’ situation
About the Benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Competitive salary + excellent service charge
- 28 holidays inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Extra holiday for significant Birthdays (21.30.40. etc.)
- Life insurance
- Next pension
- Jumeirah perks website access – discount
- F&B and Spa treatment discount
- Lieu day if you work on Bank Holidays
- Dry cleaning of uniform or Business attire
- Meals on duty
- Employee assistance programs
- Wellness benefits – Chiropodist, Flu jabs, and more!
- Taxi service after hours
- Social events & recognitions programs
- Ongoing training & development
- Weeding/Baby gift
- Cycle scheme
- Internal transfer scheme
- Eye test and discount for VDU users
- Dental cash back plan
- External transfer scheme