Concierge - Knightsbridge, London
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
For more than two decades, Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinct mark on the global hospitality market with its unwavering Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award winning destinations, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, signature dining experiences and artful surroundings at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia, and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scale up its operations to the next level of growth, we remain fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, the Carlton Tower Jumeirah is the quintessential address in SW1 where heritage meets contemporary luxury. Featuring 186 beautifully appointed guest rooms, 87 of which have the fantastic benefit of a balcony, a rarity for the capital, enabling guests to take full advantage of the stunning views across London. The property also boasts the city’s largest naturally lit swimming pool, situated at the impressive rooftop health club and spa, The Peak, access to the private Cadogan Gardens and destination Italian restaurant Al Mare.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Concierge to join us at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Possess a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of activities in and around town, establishing business contacts for guest follow-ups.
- Reconfirm guest flights and leave confirmation messages for guests.
- Maintain neatness and order in the Concierge desk, Mail room, and store room at all times.
- Ensure adherence to hotel credit policies.
- Assist in the preparation of invoices for the credit controller.
- Assist in any financial matters directed by the Head Concierge/Assistant Head Concierge.
- Report incidents, complaints, suspicious persons, or safety hazards immediately.
- Adhere to strict control when receiving and returning keys.
- Report for duty punctually, wearing correct uniform/attire, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional service to guests, addressing their requests, requirements, and complaints promptly and professionally.
- Possess a thorough and up-to-date understanding of local activities, attractions, and contacts to enhance guest experiences.
- Ability to emphasize and effectively sell in-house restaurants, facilities, and destinations, enhancing overall guest satisfaction and revenue.
- Effective management of daily tasks, including checking arrival lists, VIP lists, and departure lists, while maintaining the orderliness of the Concierge desk, Mail room, and store room.
- Strong communication skills, including reporting and logging guest comments, and maintaining accurate records of mail, reservations, and other relevant information.
- Demonstrated flexibility in responding to changes within the department, industry, or hotel needs, and a willingness to extend job duties as required.
About the Benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Competitive salary + excellent service charge
- 28 holidays inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Extra holiday for significant Birthdays (21.30.40. etc.)
- Life insurance
- Next pension
- Jumeirah perks website access – discount
- F&B and Spa treatment discount
- Lieu day if you work on Bank Holidays
- Dry cleaning of uniform or Business attire
- Meals on duty
- Employee assistance programs
- Wellness benefits – Chiropodist, Flu jabs, and more!
- Taxi service after hours
- Social events & recognitions programs
- Ongoing training & development
- Weeding/Baby gift
- Cycle scheme
- Internal transfer scheme
- Eye test and discount for VDU users
- Dental cash back plan
- External transfer scheme