Group Exercise Coordinator - The Peak Spa - Knightsbridge, London
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
For more than two decades, Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinct mark on the global hospitality market with its unwavering Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award winning destinations, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, signature dining experiences and artful surroundings at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia, and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scale up its operations to the next level of growth, we remain fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, the Carlton Tower Jumeirah is the quintessential address in SW1 where heritage meets contemporary luxury. Featuring 186 beautifully appointed guest rooms, 87 of which have the fantastic benefit of a balcony, a rarity for the capital, enabling guests to take full advantage of the stunning views across London. The property also boasts the city’s largest naturally lit swimming pool, situated at the impressive rooftop health club and spa, The Peak, access to the private Cadogan Gardens and destination Italian restaurant Al Mare.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Group Exercise Coordinator for a fixed term contract (10 months) to join our team at The Peak Spa at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- To ensure that a wide selection of aerobic classes is available which meet all members requirements in addition to keeping updated with all changes within the industry.
- Manage performance of all class instructors and ensure underperforming classes are reviewed periodically.
- To provide a monthly timetable of aerobic classes in line with the Department budget and specific to the needs of the members
- Consolidate all invoices at the end of each month from each Freelance teacher and ensure that these are handed to the Director of Fitness & Spa for approval before sending to accounts.
- To ensure that every Freelance instructor abides by the rules and regulations as set up by the hotel management with every teacher having to sign a written contract supplied by the Club Management.
- To update the aerobic timetable on the ‘Pronext’ system and QR code. Timetable must also be printed the program of classes weekly to publicize outside the studio.
- To meet with all new potential instructors and complete a trial class where they will be assessed on whether the standard meets the club's expectations.
- Train new potential Signature teachers on our four Signature concepts and deliver a group training session if an update of Signature classes is required.
- To ensure five-star service standards are always met.
- Oversee the fitness/ aerobic timetable ensuring the best instructors for our members.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum Level 2 gym instructor qualification.
- Experience in teaching and organising Group Exercise Classes.
- Vigilant monitoring of the dress code and grooming standards among Fitness Instructors, upholding the highest standards of personal appearance in accordance with club rules and regulations.
- Commitment to providing a wide selection of aerobic classes, staying updated on industry changes, and ensuring five-star service standards are maintained.
- Thorough understanding and execution of ensuring all instructors possess up-to-date Public Liability Insurance and certifications.
- Experience in meeting and assessing potential instructors to ensure they meet the club's standards before onboarding.
About the Benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Competitive salary + excellent service charge
- 28 holidays inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Extra holiday for significant Birthdays (21.30.40. etc.)
- Life insurance
- Next pension
- Jumeirah perks website access – discount
- F&B and Spa treatment discount
- Lieu day if you work on Bank Holidays
- Dry cleaning of uniform or Business attire
- Meals on duty
- Employee assistance programs
- Wellness benefits – Chiropodist, Flu jabs, and more!
- Taxi service after hours
- Social events & recognitions programs
- Ongoing training & development
- Weeding/Baby gift
- Cycle scheme
- Internal transfer scheme
- Eye test and discount for VDU users
- Dental cash back plan
- External transfer scheme