Fitness Instructor - Gym - Street
Become a Gym Instructor at Fusion:
The gym can be an intimidating place and as a Gym Instructor for Fusion Lifestyle, you will warmly welcome all customers, ensure equipment is used safely, and encourage users by devising and delivering fitness assessments and programs, all whilst keeping the gym clean and inviting.
You will also deliver group exercise classes when required, so you will need experience of delivering exercise classes using first class customer service to a diverse client base.
To be successful in this role you will need an engaging and honest personality, with a natural ability to build strong relationships and put people at ease. Alongside a “can-do”, solutions focused attitude.
You’ll also need:
- Level 2 qualification in Fitness Instructing
- CIMSPA membership is essential within one month of employment
Some of the responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers
- Supervising activities in the Fitness Rooms and operating the equipment in a manner consistent with safe working practice
- Assisting in the implementation, marketing and administration of activities and healthy lifestyles
- Devising and delivering fitness assessments, programmes and testing, exercise prescription, GP referrals and specialist inductions, as and when required (following appropriate training)
- Supporting and assisting in sales and retention processes
- Maintenance of customer records and performing administration duties as required
- Maintenance of own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure
- Carry out testing and / or other hygiene, health and safety checks as needed, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times and attendance across all areas of the centre
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing attention any faults or major repairs to the relevant team
- Proactively manage customer behaviour during the use of facilities to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced environment.
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free Eye tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you would like to further your career in leisure, within a dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.