Catering Assistant - Hawkwell
Who We Are:
Fusion Lifestyle has the mission to bring health and wellbeing to communities across the UK. We are a registered charity and we invest back into the communities that we serve.
Who You Are:
We are looking for local people who share our passion for customer service, accept only the best, and have the ‘can-do’ attitude that creates the positive atmosphere in our centres. As a person you’ll be engaging; always championing exemplary standards and service. Fusion Lifestyle’s Catering Assistants are at the social hub of our centres.
Whether it’s that essential morning cup of coffee or that well-earned treat, as a Catering Assistant you will warmly welcome all customers, providing service excellence during their visit to the café. Fusion's Catering Assistants champion excellent presentation, hygiene and customer satisfaction in all of their duties.
To be successful as a Catering Assistant, you’ll need to have experience of working in customer facing roles, (preferably in a commercial food environment), the ability to make a positive first impression; a friendly, fun, approachable "can-do" attitude, and will be well presented at all times. As you'll be processing customer orders quickly and efficiently, you'll need a good standard of literacy and numeracy, as well as a passion for working in a fast-paced food and drink environment.
- Preferably you will also hold a Level 2 Food and Hygiene Certificate, although training may be provided where the other requirements of the role are met.
- The role will require you to work a varied shift pattern, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and some public holidays, so as to meet the needs of our customers.
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service, and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team.
What you will do:
Some of the main tasks and responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Greet customers in a positive, friendly, professional and timely manner
- Establish customer requirements; suggesting most suitable products for customers; upselling and suggesting promotions
- Take customer orders, then process, prepare, and serve food and drink orders
- Seek customer feedback; personally acting on feedback where possible; escalating feedback, when required
- Operate a range of equipment, (to include coffee machine, blender, grill, and dishwasher), in a safe, tidy, and hygienic manner
- Conduct basic record keeping tasks, such as temperature checks, and wastage records; immediately reporting any non-compliance to your line manager, or the manager on duty
- Conduct basic equipment and maintenance checks; immediately reporting any areas of non-compliance to your line manager, or the manager on duty
- Fill and replenish food and drink displays; ensuring all food and drink displays are presented, merchandised and priced correctly
- Receive and store food and drink deliveries
- Perform café set-up and close-down process, when required
- Ensure correct payment is taken for orders, and that payments are processed accurately through the till
- Perform the required cleaning of the café, seating areas, displays, equipment, and general area
- Champion in role, and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, and health and safety policy and procedures, ensuring customers follow any hygiene guidance
- Demonstrate our Fusion values at all times
*Something on this list you can't tick off? That's a good thing - because we can teach you!
What We Can Do For You:
We can provide training and qualifications in a range of leisure activities as well as providing skills for life. Our extensive range of training and development opportunities have options for full or part funding. We offer attractive employee benefits and competitive rates of pay.
If you want to further your career within a dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.