Supervisor - London
We are an award-winning, high fiving, people loving, training leading, independent wine bar and kitchen!
If you love wine, and want a career in the industry, or if you love talking to people and want to learn about wine - there is no better place to start than at Vagabond Wines!
A Vagabond Supervisor will be supporting the management team in the daily operation of the shop with style and charisma. They will be driving standards and ensuring that all team members are being trained appropriately and with loads of energy and enthusiasm. They will be the people's person, filling the role of an agony aunt, high fiver and standards checker. Basically, an all-round legend.
We offer 100+ delicious wines by the glass, available to sample and explore via our bespoke wine dispensers, a seasonal sharing menu and our very own, very cool, urban winery in nearby Battersea Power Station where we make English wines.
At the heart of our stores are of course people who through their vibrancy & energy bring our wines to life. All levels of wine knowledge are open to apply. If you just know you like it but don't have the formal training, don't worry. We offer great training opportunities. If you're looking for a role where you can inspire, lead, engage and motivate an entire team, this is the job for you!
What we can offer you:
- £950 to spend on your mental and physical wellbeing every year
- A benefits package like no other, including half price cinema tickets, discounted holidays, shopping and gym memberships
- Free meals on every shift you work
- Training and development within a structured career path, with 100's of online and classroom lead courses
- Amazing discounts on our wines and beer
- Employee assistance programme
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to grow and progress your career
Our guests overall experience is in your hands and as such we are looking for a Supervisor who is:
- Passionate about people and can deliver world class service
- Passionate about hospitality & wine
- Who is well presented and trustworthy
- Who loves interacting with our guests
- Who works well as part of a team
- Who can inspire and motive a team
You will need to be highly social, up-beat and friendly. Any relevant qualifications such as WSET are advantageous but not essential.
- Guiding our guests through the Vagabond wine experience, advising and informing our guests about our wines
- Operating our tills and taking food orders
- Serving drinks at the bar
- Restocking and maintaining our wine machines
- Managing a shift, handling cash
- Supporting and guiding the team
If you are interested in being part of the team, please get in touch.
2019 IWC Wine Awards - Innovator of the Year
UK's 50 Best Indies 2018, Harpers - Winner
2018 Decanter Retailer Awards - Innovator of the Year, Winner
Small Chain of the Year Finalist 2018, Drinks Retailing Awards - Finalist
UK's 50 Best Indies 2017, Harpers - Top 3