Barista - Costa Weekdays - Burgess Hill, West Sussex
We are Places for People Group, we're a social enterprise that believes it's people that make a community. That's why we build homes and deliver services for everyone in the community to thrive. At Places Leisure we are changing lives by creating active places and healthy people for communities to thrive, and we want to be the UK's leading health and wellbeing enabler.
We aren't your typical company. We apply the same philosophy to our People as we do to our communities, ensuring our team is appreciated and supported. At Places for People, you're more than just a number - you're part of our cause.
More about your role
You will ensure high standards are maintained at all times. You will assist in food preparation, complying with all Health & Safety and Food hygiene policies whilst prioritising the presentation and cleanliness of all catering areas. A large part of your role will be to represent the company by operating a high standard of customer service to all our visitors.
For more information please download our job profile available on our website.
More about you
You will have experience of working within a catering or retail role, with an awareness of allergen and hygiene standards. You should have a good background knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations as well as current food standard policies. You will have a personable and friendly manner and ideally be used to dealing with a wide range of customers.
We are a large, diverse and ambitious business, which will give you all the challenge you could wish for.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package with each role, yours will include:
- We align with the Real Living Wage foundation
- Full Health & Fitness membership for you, a nominated adult and up to 4 juniors
- Flexible working (including part time working, shift work and more)
- An opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Lots of opportunity to access ongoing personal learning and development
- Access to our Company Pension scheme
- Cashback plan for healthcare costs – up to £500 saving per year
- Discounts of up to 50% on activities, centre shop and cafes
- Extra perks including huge discounts and offers from shops, cinemas and much more.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.