Main Location: Oxford Leisure
Job Type: Part Time and Casual
Working Hours: Various hours available between Monday to Sunday
Salary: Up to £17.50 per hour + Excellent benefits
Here at More Community Leisure Trust our goal is to get more people active by providing affordable safe and enjoyable lessons for all and right now we are recruiting for Swimming Teachers to grow our programmes to ensure we can do just that. If you are passionate about ensuring all children and adults have access to affordable lessons no matter their ability or background this role could be right for you.
By following the tried and tested Swim England learn to swim framework we develop the confidence in all our swimmers through fun and enjoyable lessons. Many of our swimmers have progressed to swim competitively and even to represent our country.
Teaching our swimming lessons will see you delivering safe fun and progressive lessons, but this is also a mentality we take towards our teachers' careers and personal development.
Serco manages these facilities on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the Trust.
What you’ll need to do the role
You will have excellent customer service skills and be someone who is happy to deal with people of all ages and back grounds.
You will need to hold either a STA Award/Certificate in Teaching Swimming or Swim England (Previously ASA) Level 2.
Holding either a valid RLSS UK NPLQ, RLSS UK NRASTC or STA Safety Award for Teachers would be advantageous but not essential as we can provide the training to complete these courses free of charge.
What we offer
- Free membership at the Centre plus heavily discounted use of classes and facilities.
- Free safeguarding training and DBS checks
- Excellent Development and Training Opportunities with our in-house Aquatic Training Academy
- 6% employer matched pension contribution
- 21 days annual leave (Pro rata for part time) + Public Holidays
- Life assurance up to 2x base salary
- Simply health cash plan
- Anytime health line
- Employee assistance programme
- Benefits portal offering discounts on eating out, travel, shopping and entertainment
- A safe and supportive culture
- A chance to make a positive difference to the community