WELCOME TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES AT THE WORLD'S #1 BEST WORKPLACE, AWARDED BY GREAT PLACE TO WORK & FORTUNE. - No two days or two hotels are the same, but our spirit and passion for hospitality always brings all our teams together to create a culture of inclusiveness, positivity and drive to achieve our common goal. “To share the light and warmth of hospitality”. With amazing training, resources and support from both managers and colleagues, there is always an opportunity to develop and grow.
Please note that OnQ experience is essential for this role.
A WORLD OF REWARDS
- Yearly rate of up to £30,000
- Free and healthy meals when on duty
- Grow your Career
- Personal Development programmes designed to support you at every step of your career
- A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
- Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
- Team Member Referral Program
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly to up to 33 days)
- Discounted dental and health cover
- Discounted Taxi when public transports stop running
- Modern and inclusive Team Member’s areas
A Reception Manager oversees Reception operations to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver our Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out.
What will I be doing?
- Oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards
- Evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure regular and VIP Guests are recognised and that the Reception department operates with a sales attitude and promotes the hotel brand's loyalty scheme
- Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Set Reception departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand policies and practices
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
- Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands
- Conduct monthly communication meetings and produce minutes
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Reception team
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
What are we looking for?
- Previous supervisory experience in Front Office within the hotel/leisure/retail sector
- High level of IT proficiency
- High level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities
- Experience of managing people and developing people
- Previous experience of managing a department and Profit and Loss account
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
EVERY JOB MAKES THE STAY.
At Hilton, It Matters Where You Stay, but The Stay is only one side of the story.
We know it takes hundreds of jobs to create unforgettable experiences for our guests – and behind every job, there’s an extraordinary person working to make each Stay magical. That’s why at Hilton, Every Job Makes the Stay.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company