Pastry Chef de PartieWouldn't it be Sweet to have a Change?
WELCOME TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES AT THE WORLD'S #1 BEST WORKPLACE, AWARDED BY GREAT PLACE TO WORK & FORTUNE- No two days or two hotels are the same, but our spirit and passion for hospitality always brings all our teams together to create a culture of inclusiveness, positivity and drive to achieve our common goal. “To share the light and warmth of hospitality”. With amazing training, resources and support from both managers and colleagues, there is always an opportunity to develop and grow.
Are you an experienced Pastry Chef looking to grow your career and join a leading brand is hospitality? The Hilton Birmingham Metropole is looking for a Pastry Chef de Partie to join the kitchen team at this large, recently refurbished hotel. The leadership team is well experienced and keen to develop the skills of the brigade. Apply today and see where a career at Hilton can take you!
Rate of pay: £11.50 / hour plus service charge
Travel and food discounts at Hilton hotels internationally (subject to individual outlets)
Discounted membership to onsite LivingWell fitness centre and spa
Free meals on duty
Access to Marketplace – shopping with discounts
Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
What will I be doing?
24/7 access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP) & Wellbeing Hub
Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
Discounted dental and health cover
As a Pastry Chef de Partie, you are responsible for supervising staff in the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Pastry Commis Chef will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure all food preparation meets standards
- Prepare and present high quality food
- Supervise staff
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Assist Head Chef/Sous Chef in the training of all staff in compliance of company procedures
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware