Fitness Instructor - Horsham, West Sussex
We are Places for People Group, we're a social enterprise that believes it's people that make a community. That's why we build homes and deliver services for everyone in the community to thrive. At Places Leisure we are changing lives by creating active places and healthy people for communities to thrive, and we want to be the UK's leading health and wellbeing enabler.
We aren't your typical company. We apply the same philosophy to our People as we do to our communities, ensuring our team is appreciated and supported. At Places for People, you're more than just a number - you're part of our cause.
More about your role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Fitness Instructor, at Places Leisure, where you will be working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people. You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best. With your previous experience in the fitness industry, you will be full of enthusiasm and love talking with people whilst motivating others and feel confident in giving suitable health and fitness advice that will match each customer's individual aspirations and goals.
All our Fitness Instructors should hold a minimum of CIMSPA Affiliate/Reps Level 2, and it would be ideal if you were to hold CIMSPA Practitioner/Reps Level 3. However, if you are a motivated and driven individual, then with our continuous learning and development opportunities, we would be happy to support you in achieving this qualification.
There are many opportunities available for you within Places Leisure. Your career with us as a Fitness Instructor is a great first step to many different routes. You can develop your career by providing outstanding Personal Training sessions and growing your client base. If management is a route you wanted to take, you can work up to be a Fitness Manager.
In the Fitness Instructor role, we will offer ongoing training and development opportunities, including support with your CIMSPA Practitioner / Reps Level 3 Qualification, enhancing your customer service skills and much more.
More about you
- Always putting the customers' needs at the forefront of everything you do and have the ability to create personable and meaningful relationships.
- Maintain an interest in your continuous personal development by maintaining a high level of knowledge and play an active part in keeping on top of new trends within the industry.
- Carry out initial inductions and ensure that customers are using the equipment safely and correctly.
- You will be comfortable working with customers of all abilities, no matter what stage they are in their fitness journey. You will be able to set and monitor programmes as appropriate.
- You will work with individuals running Personal Training and small group sessions; be happy to offer Personal Training sessions as an additional service; and look to take on new PT clients from face-to-face interactions and basic marketing tools.
- Work as a team to keep our facilities clean and safe, adhering to regulations and our company procedures. Our teams maintain consistent standards; therefore, you will want to be your best, in everything you do.
We are a large, diverse and ambitious business, which will give you all the challenge you could wish for.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package with each role, yours will include:
- We align with the Real Living Wage foundation
- Full Health & Fitness membership for you, a nominated adult and up to 4 juniors
- Flexible working (including part time working, shift work and more)
- An opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Lots of opportunity to access ongoing personal learning and development
- Access to our Company Pension scheme
- Cashback plan for healthcare costs – up to £500 saving per year
- Discounts of up to 50% on activities, centre shop and cafes
- Extra perks including huge discounts and offers from shops, cinemas and much more.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.