Night Public Area Cleaner
WELCOME TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES AT THE WORLD'S #1 BEST WORKPLACE, AWARDED BY GREAT PLACE TO WORK & FORTUNE.
The Hilton London Canary Wharf is a modern, full service hotel with 282 Guestrooms in the heart of London’s financial district. Conveniently located just 2 minutes from South Quay DLR Station and 5 minutes from Canary Wharf underground station. Close to the City, Olympic park and the O2, the hotel welcomes a wide range of guests here on business and leisure. Consistently voted within the top 5 Hilton properties within the UK & Ireland.
A World of Rewards:
- Hourly rate: £13/hour
- Referral Bonus
- Go Hilton travel program
- Incentive programs / Bonus
- Holiday allowance that increases with length of service
- Sick pay that increases with length of service
- Opportunity to enrol in an apprenticeship
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided / Laundry service dependent on role
Our industry is all about people so we are serious about taking care of our team members and support their career ambitions in an individualised way. The Hilton London Canary Wharf has a solid track record in developing people at all levels for longer term careers. We also welcome those that are looking for flexibility around their lives outside of work with flexible hours and a range of contracts to suit.
What will I be doing?
A Public Area Cleaner is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of public areas to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing customer issues and undertaking regular deep cleaning tasks.
- Ensure cleanliness of all public areas
- Carry out lost property procedures
- Manage customer service issues quickly and effectively
- Manage master keys in his/her possession
- Undertake regular deep cleaning tasks, e.g monthly deep cleaning and carpet shampooing
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance/Engineering Department
- Check public areas and toilets taking remedial action where necessary
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the hotel's management
What are we looking for?
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on own or in teams
- Previous experience in this department
South Quay DLR (2 minutes)
Canary Wharf Jubilee line (5 minutes)
EVERY JOB MAKES THE STAY.
At Hilton, It Matters Where You Stay, but The Stay is only one side of the story.
We know it takes hundreds of jobs to create unforgettable experiences for our guests – and behind every job, there’s an extraordinary person working to make each Stay magical. That’s why at Hilton, Every Job Makes the Stay.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company