WELCOME TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES AT THE WORLD'S #1 BEST WORKPLACE, AWARDED BY GREAT PLACE TO WORK & FORTUNE.
Conrad London St James is one of Hilton’s three global luxury brands and reflects the bold, inspired and personalised service we offer our guests. The hotel is renowned for its excellent service and is in the top 5% of hotels in London and the Top 10% in the world.
A World of Rewards:
- Hourly rate: £12/h plus annual service charge likely to be between £4,500 - £5,500
- A global travel program for team members
- Meals whilst on duty
- To be part of a fabulous team
The hotel located in the heart of Westminster, as well as 256 beautifully appointed bedrooms our outlets within the hotel offer its teams the opportunity to join exciting food and drink concepts, with the standards and luxury service Conrad is famous for. Supported by celebrity chef Sally Abe, they consist of:
- The Blue Boar Pub, opened May 2021, which is a contemporary take on a British pub
- The Hedgerow, the hotel’s first cocktail bar, which takes inspiration from the beauty of the traditional British countryside
- The Pem, a glamourous and elegant restaurant in the centre of the hotel showcasing classic British cuisine using modern techniques
- The Orchard, for afternoon teas and lighter meals
- The Executive Lounge, an exclusive space dedicated to our most valued guests, providing a higher level of luxury and personalized service.
- Seven Meetings & Events Spaces, perfectly designed to host a wide range of gatherings and events, each space offers the same commitment to quality, luxury, and service excellence that define Conrad London St. James.
What will I be doing?
This is a full time 39 hours/week position. Earliest start 8am and latest finish 1am. The successful candidate must be able to work within these hours (8 hours/day shift).
- Able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference and Events
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service
- Prepare set ups for tables and/or rooms
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Strive to achieve departmental targets
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Be environmentally aware
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
What are we looking for?
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous Food and Beverage and/or industry experience
- Experience with cash handling
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations
- St James Park Tube Station – District & Circle Line – across the road
- Westminster Tube Station – Jubilee Line (4 Mins Walk)
- Victoria Station (8 Mins Walk)
- Waterloo Station (10 Mins Walk)