Conference & Banqueting Operations Supervisor
WELCOME TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES AT THE WORLD'S #1 BEST WORKPLACE, AWARDED BY GREAT PLACE TO WORK & FORTUNE.
A new era begins at the London Hilton on Park Lane.
Located in the heart of Mayfair, London Hilton on Park Lane was the first Hilton to open within the UK and is close to all that London has to offer. Soaring high above Park Lane, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five-star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites and a Presidential Suite, there is something for all.
2023 is the hotel’s 60th anniversary year and will see further exciting renovations. These include the refurbishment of the higher-floor, Executive rooms and suites and a re-development of the lobby level, including a brand new restaurant and bar.
In April 2022 we completed the refurbishment of the Grand Ballroom, the Wellington Ballroom and the Harvest Suite, suitable for the most glamorous of events, accommodating from 160 to 1200 guests. In addition, the hotel features 16 meeting rooms.
Here at London Hilton on Park Lane, we create heartfelt experiences for all our Guests and meaningful opportunities for all our Team Members. This has led to Hilton being consistently recognised as “Great Places to Work.”
This is a Conference & Banqueting Supervisor role for Beverages.
Salary: £25,000 per year + service charge
• 28 days paid holiday increasing with service
• Exclusive perks through our online discount portal
• Access to leadership and development programmes through Hilton University
• Exceptional Career opportunities
• Industry-leading Team Member discounts on hotel stays for you, your family and friends
• Wellbeing programmes to help you Thrive in the workplace
• Reward programmes, incentives and team member recognition, as well as long service awards
• 50% off in Hilton restaurants and bars (subject to individual outlets)
• Recommend a Friend incentive
• Uniforms provided and laundered complimentary
• Recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work’
• Free meals on shift
What will I be doing?
- Supervise Conference and Banqueting operations
- Communicate and delegate in line with daily function sheets
- Able to work in all areas of Conference and Banqueting including Bar, Restaurant, and Room Service
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Plan, organise and control the daily operations
- Assist Conference and Banquet Manager with training and developing the team
- Assist with annual and mid-year appraisals with team members under your responsibility
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
What are we looking for?
- Previous Conference and Banquet experience
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Experience in the hotel industry
- Experience in supervising and/or delegation
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
Documentation is required at interview stage (for EU Nationals share code requested to check EU Settled/Pre-Settled status)
EVERY JOB MAKES THE STAY.
At Hilton, It Matters Where You Stay, but The Stay is only one side of the story.
We know it takes hundreds of jobs to create unforgettable experiences for our guests – and behind every job, there’s an extraordinary person working to make each Stay magical. That’s why at Hilton, Every Job Makes the Stay.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company