WELCOME TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES AT THE WORLD'S #1 BEST WORKPLACE, AWARDED BY GREAT PLACE TO WORK & FORTUNE - At Hilton Newcastle we grow as “one”, with the feeling of learning something new every day, genuinely helping and supporting one another. We are exceptionally proud of what we do here, from delivering the highest level of service to our guests, to giving a sense of stability and leadership to our colleagues, providing the best experience than any other hotel in the north east.
Please note- this is a full-time role and will involve regular weekend work
A WORLD OF REWARDS
- Hourly Rate of £11
- Smart uniform provided
- Free and healthy meals when on duty
- Grow your Career
- Personal Development programmes designed to support you at every step of your career
- A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
- Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly to up to 33 days)
- Discounted dental and health cover
- Discounted Taxi when public transports are not available
- Modern and inclusive Team Member’s areas
A Housekeeping Assistant is responsible for ensuring cleanliness of public areas to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing guest requests and replenishing guest amenities.
What will I be doing?
- Ensure cleanliness of public areas
- Clean guest bedrooms and bathrooms
- Vacuum rooms and corridors
- Change and replenish bed linen, towels and guest amenities in line with company guidelines
- Undertake regular deep cleaning tasks
- Restock and maintain trolley on daily basis
- Be environmentally aware
- Dispose of waste accordingly
- Carry out lost property procedures
- Manage guest requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage master keys in his/her possession
- Check public areas and toilets taking remedial action where necessary
What are we looking for?
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Hotel experience
- Experience in a similar position
EVERY JOB MAKES THE STAY.
At Hilton, It Matters Where You Stay, but The Stay is only one side of the story.
We know it takes hundreds of jobs to create unforgettable experiences for our guests – and behind every job, there’s an extraordinary person working to make each Stay magical. That’s why at Hilton, Every Job Makes the Stay.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company