Assistant Groups, Conference and Events Manager
WELCOME TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES AT THE WORLD'S #1 BEST WORKPLACE, AWARDED BY GREAT PLACE TO WORK & FORTUNE - At Hilton Newcastle we grow as “one”, with the feeling of learning something new every day, genuinely helping and supporting one another. We are exceptionally proud of what we do here, from delivering the highest level of service to our guests, to giving a sense of stability and leadership to our colleagues, providing the best experience than any other hotels in the north east.
A WORLD OF REWARDS
Competitive Salary & Bonus
Free and healthy meals when on duty
Grow your Career
Personal Development programmes designed to support you at every step of your career
A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
High street discounts: with Perks at Work
Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly to up to 33 days)
Discounted dental and health cover
Free Parking (depending on availability)
Discounted Taxi when public transports are not available
Modern and inclusive Team Member’s areas
What will I be doing?
- As Assistant Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Manager, you will help manage the Groups, Conference and Events office and the on-property Reservations Team to actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales.
- Maximise all Group, Conference, and Event revenue opportunities
- Review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Conduct weekly spot checks of five bookings carried out with a minimum of 90% achieved in any departmental and system audits for any Team Member
- Ensure the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
- Manage and develop the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
- Organise hotel promotional activities
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated previous managerial or supervisory experience in a Reservations and/or Conference and Events Sales function in the hotel/leisure sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high levels of performance and exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capability and an ability and desire to coach selling techniques to their team
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
EVERY JOB MAKES THE STAY.
At Hilton, It Matters Where You Stay, but The Stay is only one side of the story.
We know it takes hundreds of jobs to create unforgettable experiences for our guests – and behind every job, there’s an extraordinary person working to make each Stay magical. That’s why at Hilton, Every Job Makes the Stay.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company