Chef de Partie - Accommodation Available - New Milton, Hampshire
Chewton Glen is an English original. From the unique 72 bedrooms including 14 one of a kind Treehouses, to the award-winning spa and state of the art James Martin cookery school, it has an abundance of ways to revive your senses. The blissful 130 acres of woodland are home to an indoor and outdoor tennis centre, a 9-hole golf course, heritage orchard, 70 working beehives, a walled kitchen garden, croquet lawn and more.
As Chef de Partie (CDP) you will be responsible for the preparation of food under the supervision of the Head Chef
What's in it for you as CDP?
- £30,825 salary
- £3,600 non-contractual service charge
- £2,000 welcome bonus paid on completion of probation
- Accommodation available if required
- Meals included on duty
- Employee recognition awards
- Cashback healthcare cover after probation
- Continued career development with recognised training providers
- Generous friends and family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all food and beverage
- Discount on spa treatment and products
- Refer a friend incentive
- Team social events, seasonal gifts and much more…
Chef de Partie (CDP) - About you
- Experience in working at Chef de Partie level is essential
- Experience in running a section with a rosette background is desirable
- Passion for food and food trends
- You will have keen eye for detail, organisational skills and confident in communicating with the team
Responsibilities of the Chef de Partie (CDP) role
- Assist the Head Chef during service for timing and progress of all dishes
- Liaise with the Sous Chef and Head Chef with reference to possible improvements/difficulties in your section
- Take ownership to ensure that the presentation, taste, texture and quantity are maintained to the hotel's 5 star standards
- Be confident and fully conversant with the menu and to be adaptable with continual changes to ensure that the menu is kept in line with customer demands and Company policies.
- To ensure that the correct and same ingredients are used as specified by the Head Chef to ensure quality is upheld at all times
- To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and report any faults to the Head Chef or Senior Sous Chef.
- To have pride in achieving and maintaining high standards of cleanliness on section where employed, also to assist in any job regarding hygiene or cleanliness asked for by a senior chef showing flexibility and teamwork
- To work as part of a team in a constructive manner that enables the hotel to achieve the objective of being a market leader in the luxury hotel sector
If this role is of interest to you, then please apply now! We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.