Pastry Head Chef - London
The Gherkin is one of London's most iconic landmark restaurants and events spaces. Pair high-end design with vintage champagne and contemporary cooking, all while enjoying panoramic views of The City of London and beyond.
As a Pastry Head Chef in this venue, you will get a chance to create the finest quality of dishes and deliver exceptional culinary experiences for our guests. The role will require someone that has a creative flair, is inspired by attention to detail and is excited to deliver exquisite and flawless pastry for our restaurant, events and Afternoon Tea menu.
As a Pastry Head Chef you will benefit from the following:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 38 days annual leave (dependant on job role and location)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Chef whites provided
- Employee assistance programme
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venues
- Quarterly chef incentives
- Annual celebration days
- Birthday off
- Opportunity to enrol on WSH chef academy
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Hours Per Week: 45.00
- Salary 50,000
As a Pastry Head Chef you will be required to work 5 days over 7 and 45 hours per week.
- The manage the day to day running of the Pastry section within the kitchen
- To monitor on a daily basis the standards achieved and report any concerns to the Executive Chef any areas of concerns.
- To liaise with the Operation manager and in absence Deputy operation manager
- To ensure that all legislative and Government guidelines are adhered to, including The Food Safety Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, the COSHH regulations, etc. within the areas of responsibility
- To monitor that all staff present themselves correctly dressed for duty.
- To ensure all services are ready for operation at the specified time, to the standard laid down in the Catering Policy Document.
- To ensure that staffing levels reflect the peaks and troughs of business in the operations and to maximise the utilisation of staff within the areas
- To ensure that all sundry expenditure is within the agreed budget for the area.
- Food purchasing
- To ensure all Searcy's personnel procedures, including disciplinary, grievance, appraisal and recruitment are followed at all times and in accordance with Investors in People standards.
- Legal requirements
- Any other reasonable request of Senior Management
- Very well organised and ability to prioritise work load
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent standards
- Experience in working in a 5 star hotel or Michelin star restaurant is desirable
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
Searcys, Britain's oldest catering and restaurant brand, was established in 1847. We are best known for our Champagne Bars, Restaurants, and stunning Events Venues in iconic destinations such as 116 Pall Mall, The Barbican, The HAC, The Gherkin, and St Pancras International.
Our commitment to delivering unparalleled service, quality, and innovation is reflected in every aspect of our brand. At Searcys, we recognise the value of individuality and actively embrace the diversity of our teams, as they are the cornerstone of our success.
If you share our passion for the hospitality industry and seek a dynamic work environment that celebrates your unique strengths, we would love for you to join our team!