Conference and Event Assistant (Casual)
Delivering Unforgettable Experiences at the Caley
The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian:
Known locally as the “Caley”, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh’s most iconic landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway-building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle. Its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the links to get a glance inside the doors of our hotel: Hotel Website, Instagram, YouTube
WELCOME TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES
Why do we enjoy working here? This is more than just a workplace.
· Here you have the opportunity to develop and discover yourself as much professionally as you do as a person.
· Here they support you and encourage your individuality.
· Here you will meet incredibly inspiring people you can call friends, for life.
· Here we are incredibly passionate about delivering special unforgettable moments to our guests and colleagues.
At the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, we are proud to guarantee every team member at the hotel a wage of at least ELEVEN POUNDS per hour!
We can coach, train and develop you to help find your passion, whether it is your first role in hospitality or you are ready to take that next step.
A WORLD OF REWARDS
· Hourly Rate of £11 per hour (plus gratuities which are shared across the team/ and you will also be included in our fantastic upselling program).
· Smart uniform provided and laundered
· Free and healthy meals when on duty catering to a variety of dietary requirements
· Short Term accommodation to support your relocation from other areas of the UK or further (subject to availability)
· Grow your Career your next position could be as a Team Leader or Supervisor.
· Personal Development programmes designed to support you at every step of your career with our own Learning and Development Manager based at the hotel.
· A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
· Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights from FORTY POUNDS per night around the world with GO HILTON! As well as a free stay at the hotel on the successful completion of probation
· 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
· Team Member Referral Program – offered at a rate of £500 per a successful referral
· High street discounts: with Perks at Work - offering a wide range of retail discounts, including cinema tickets, supermarket discounts and many more
· Discounted dental, health cover and life insurance
· Modern and inclusive Team Member’s areas
· Recognition non-stop all year long!
· Birthday – join us for a team birthday dinner at the hotel
· Want to find out more - follow us on the HR Instagram
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of magnificent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Waldorf Astoria is effortless Luxury – rooted in elegant service, delivering unforgettable experiences.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of guest service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
You will be the face of the outlets, communicating with the kitchen and the guests alike ensuring a smooth and memorable experience
Ability to work in different areas of Food & Beverage including Breakfast, Bar, Restaurant, In Room Dining and Conference & Events
Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner, consistently demonstrating great customer service
Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
Carry out cleaning duties as assigned to you in any of the food and beverage outlets
Adhere to all hotel brand standards
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel and to giving you the opportunity to work with our fantastic Managers, who can coach and develop you in achieving your personal goals in your future hospitality career.
We are open to confidential conversations with candidates about the role as part of the application and recruitment process. Please email Elizabeth.email@example.com if you have any questions in regards to the job opportunity.
EVERY JOB MAKES THE STAY.
At Hilton, It Matters Where You Stay, but The Stay is only one side of the story.
We know it takes hundreds of jobs to create unforgettable experiences for our guests – and behind every job, there’s an extraordinary person working to make each Stay magical. That’s why at Hilton, Every Job Makes the Stay.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company