Sales Manager (Maternity Cover)
WELCOME TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES AT THE WORLD'S #1 BEST WORKPLACE, AWARDED BY GREAT PLACE TO WORK & FORTUNE. - No two days or two hotels are the same, but our spirit and passion for hospitality always brings all our teams together to create a culture of inclusiveness, positivity and drive to achieve our common goal. “To share the light and warmth of hospitality”. With amazing training, resources and support from both managers and colleagues, there is always an opportunity to develop and grow.
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave working 24 hours a week.
A WORLD OF REWARDS
- Yearly salary of up to £21,000
- Free and healthy meals when on duty
- Grow your Career
- Personal Development programmes designed to support you at every step of your career
- A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
- Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
- Team Member Referral Program
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly to up to 33 days)
- Discounted dental and health cover
- Free Parking
- Free Taxi between 12am and 6am
- Guest Experience Day after successfully passing probation
- Modern and inclusive Team Member’s areas
This position is a cluster role, the Sales Manager will support both Hilton Leeds City and Hilton York. It is an on-property based role with the base being Hilton Leeds City. The Sales Manager will analyse local market trends and competitor activity in both Leeds and York and surrounding areas to recommend strategies that keep the hotels a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business.
What will I be doing?
As Sales Manager, you will analyse local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep the hotel a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Develop key new business opportunities to secure new business & partnerships.
- Position the hotel to the local market with a focus on business development.
- Identify opportunities across all market segments with specific focus on group, meetings & events.
- Maintain existing client base whilst growing our share of the business & Identifying new customers.
- Review all segments to identify any un-explored opportunities across all your specified market segments.
- Identify opportunities for SME (small, medium, enterprise) agencies / companies by networking & developing un-managed accounts
- Attend and initiate sales initiatives, customer appointments, site inspections & tradeshows as required.
- Analysis of local market trends and competitor activity to identify new business leads.
- Develop customer accounts on behalf of Hilton York & Hilton Leeds travelling within the local area to drive business into these hotels.
- Negotiate room rates and packages with corporate clients.
- Identify city wide events & develop strategies to deliver business from these events.
- Support the Sales team with assigned research projects.
- Initiate local partnerships & support any local social media working with RUKI marketing to explore local opportunities
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the Sales Director and Senior Management team to include the reporting of appointments, calls made and business leads for the team.
- Ensure effective short term and long term sales plans are in place with the support & direction of the of DOS and ADOS
- Ensure that systems are on place for tracking opportunity referral and response.
- Actively seek out new ways to source new business.
- Play an active part in supporting hotel teams to convert key opportunities from the local market as and when required.
- Produce quality communication of activities & results.
What are we looking for?
A Sales Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
EVERY JOB MAKES THE STAY.
At Hilton, It Matters Where You Stay, but The Stay is only one side of the story.
We know it takes hundreds of jobs to create unforgettable experiences for our guests – and behind every job, there’s an extraordinary person working to make each Stay magical. That’s why at Hilton, Every Job Makes