Commis Chef (Health Spa - Maternity Cover) - New Milton, Hampshire
Chewton Glen is an English Original. From the unique 72 bedrooms including 14 one of a kind Treehouses, to the award-winning spa and state of the art James Martin cookery school, it has an abundance of ways to revive your senses. The blissful 130 acres of woodland are home to an indoor and outdoor tennis centre, a 9-hole golf course, heritage orchard, 70 working beehives, a walled kitchen garden, croquet lawn and more.
As Health Spa Chef, you will assist in the preparation and service of food for guests and staff under the supervision of the Head Chef.
What's in it for you as Health Spa Chef?
- £23,400 annual salary
- £3,000 estimated annual service charge (non-contractual)
- Meals included on duty
- Employee recognition awards
- Cashback healthcare cover
- Career development on your Chewton Glen journey with recognised training providers
- Generous friends and family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all food and beverage
- Discount on spa treatment and products
- Refer a friend incentive
- Team social events, seasonal gifts and much more...
Health Spa Chef - About you
- Experience in working in a professional kitchen is required
- Experience working within a luxury hotel is desirable
- NVQ in catering or equivalent
- Confidence, enthusiasm and passion for your work and communication with colleagues
- A keen eye for detail, organisational skills and a flexible attitude
Responsibilities of the Health Spa Chef
- To be confident and take ownership, prepare all dished required for the Pool Bar on a daily basis
- To be take ownership for stock rotation and labelling all products
- To liaise with the Sous Chef and Head Chef with reference to possible improvements/difficulties in your section.
- To take ownership and ensure that the presentation, taste, texture and quantity are maintained to the standards laid by the Company.
- To be confident and fully conversant with the menu and to be adaptable with continual changes to ensure that the menu is kept in line with customer demands and Company policies.
- To ensure that the correct and same ingredients are used as specified by the Head Chef to ensure quality is upheld at all times.
- To take ownership and direct responsibility with passion and pride for all dishes served in your section.
- To be passionate and attend any necessary training sessions or meetings.
If this role is of interest to you, then please apply now! We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications