Sales Advisor - Essex
Job Type: Part Time - 20 to 30 hours per week
1Life is a forward thinking lifestyle and management solutions company that engages with people in local communities to enhance lives through health and wellbeing, physical activity, learning and the arts.
The role of a Sales Advisor is to promote and increase membership sales within the Centre, communicate directly with customers to build a stronger relationship and actively seek out new business opportunities. The sales advisor will also assist in any administrative duties required within the department.
The Sales Advisor will focus day to day on the following tasks:
- To actively promote membership packages within the centre in line with instructions from the Contract Sales Manager/Centre Manager
- To assist in delivering the highest level of customer care, including meeting regularly with existing members to ensure the level of service is maintained
- To assist in the promotion and marketing of the centre, its services and facilities, which entails outreach in the surrounding areas
- To maximise new business conversion through effective sales closure
- To maximise cross-selling and up-selling opportunities through proactive initiatives
- To handle membership enquiries and bookings
- Undertake any other task/duties as may be reasonably required
Ideally a sales background in a similar role, although training will be provided
Among the personal characteristics sought the applicant will be:
- Friendly, well-presented with a positive attitude
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills with clear spoken and written English
- Professional telephone and interpersonal manner
- Good understanding of customer care
- Able to use own initiative, to follow procedures and learn to work to deadlines
- Demonstrate computer literacy skills
- Be punctual
- Have flexibility
- Aware of health and safety, equality and diversity in the workplace
- Ability to multitask
- Good organisational skills
- Has the ability and willingness to acquire job related knowledge
We are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.