Pastry Chef - Braemar
As a Pastry Chef de Partie at The Fife Arms Hotel in Braemar, you will support the Pastry Sous Chef in her duties to ensure the smooth running of pastry section of the kitchen to the highest standards.
You will work with our Pastry Sous Chef to prepare desserts, cakes and pastries, as well as other sweet and savoury treats for both the Clunie Dining Room (Afternoon Tea and Dinner) and Flying Stag Pub, as well as event spaces, using the very best of local and national natural resources and ingredients.
As Pastry Chef de Partie, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the smooth, safe, and efficient running of the Pastry section of the kitchen.
- Demonstrating a committed approach to creating sweet and savoury treats in the Pastry section of the kitchen.
- Ensuring the quality of food is of the exceptional standard expected when dining at the hotel.
- Continually striving towards achievement and improvement.
- Ensuring the Pastry SOus Chef is kept aware of any relevant feedback from either the hotel guests or team.
- Assisting on sections or help with other duties when required.
- Ensuring the cleanliness, stock control, organisation, and standards of the Pastry section of the kitchen.
Our successful Pastry Chef de Partie will have:
- Proven experience from within a similar luxury hospitality environment.
- A true passion for food and all treats sweet and savoury.
- The enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Good kitchen, baking & knife skills.
- A thorough understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen.
- A willingness to work to the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment.
- Innovation, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Experience of supervising and guiding others.
You'll be surrounded by a team with a creative flair, a desire to learn and grow, as well as a passion for delivering some of the best food and brilliant service within Scotland, all striving to go beyond for guests, our team, and the community.
What's in it for you?
- 48-hour contract - overtime paid in accordance with Hotel's overtime policy
- 30 days holiday
- Free annual guest experience for you and a plus one
- Free food and drinks whilst on shift
- Generous Artfarm-wide discounts including our properties in Somerset, Scottish Highlands, London, and Los Angeles
- Amazing sports and social events led by local social committees
- Life Assurance
- Health benefits including a health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career development opportunities tailored around your aspirations and goals
About Artfarm and The Fife Arms Hotel
Artfarm is a one-of-a-kind independent hospitality company founded by Iwan and Manuela Wirth. Renowned for developing and reinventing distinctive sites including the award-winning Fife Arms Hotel in Braemar, The Fish Shop Restaurant & Fishmongers in Ballater, The Audley Public House & Mount Street Restaurant in Mayfair, London, Manuela restaurant in Los Angeles, Roth Bar & Grill and Durslade Farm Shop in Somerset. Artfarm uniquely brings together art, community, education, people, and place.
Located in the heart of Braemar, the hotel houses 46 beautifully appointed bedrooms - each one a homage to place, person, or event with links to the area along with the stunning Albamhor Spa and some of the most unique event spaces. Dining experiences extend to the Clunie Dining Room showcasing the art of open wood-fire cooking, The Flying Stag Pub serving up local beers and firm Scottish favorites, Bertie's our glamorous and elegant Whisky Bar, Elsa's our Art Deco Cocktail Bar, and our more relaxed Drawing Room - all of which celebrate the best in local ingredients and are expertly prepared by our dedicated culinary team.
Want to join the family? Apply today!