Sous Chef - The Tynemouth Castle Inn
What makes the perfect pub? Great ales, good food, an inviting atmosphere and the warmest of welcomes. Sitting in a commanding position overlooking the sprawling Longsands Beach, the art deco style building has been completely renovated, offering 72 bedrooms and suites, a pub restaurant with 250 internal and 300 external covers, a fish and chip takeaway and an ice cream and coffee parlour, providing the ultimate seaside stay.
A Tyneside icon for more than 90 years, The Tynemouth Castle Inn is the new name for the Park Hotel.
At The Inn Collection Group, we proudly stay true to our pub roots, creating inns where everyone would like to eat, drink, sleep and explore from. Our people are the key to the success of the group and help us to ensure the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
The Tynemouth Castle Inn is now looking to recruit a Sous Chef.
The Inn Collection Group is a multi award winning pubs with rooms company in outstanding locations across the North of England and Wales. Here at 'ICG' we deliver hospitality by living and breathing our core values of; Customer Focused, Courage, Execution, Honesty, Respect and Results all with our aim in Making People Happy.
Why Join Inn?
- Extra paid holiday in month of your birthday
- 50% off food in any of our Inns
- 1 bed and breakfast in any of our Inns during January, February or March
- 1/3 off room bookings all year round
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Weekly pay available
- Tronc (...that's tips to me and you!)
- Working for Best Pub Employer at the Publican Awards
- Paid breaks in our Inns
A successful Sous Chef candidate will be someone with...
- Flair and enthusiasm for cooking with fresh quality ingredients.
- The ability to cope under pressure, calmly and efficiently to set deadlines.
- Previous management of a kitchen team.
- Good interpersonal skills with both kitchen, front of house staff, and management.
- A positive approach to menu planning and costing.
- Intermediate food hygiene certificate
- Stocktaking experience
- HACCP experience
Sous Chef duties:
- To help produce, monitor, and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas.
- To have total accountability for the day-to-day running of the kitchen service in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Ordering, using nominated suppliers
- Achieving budgeted costs for food, wastage, and wages.
- Menu development
- Stock control
- Team management and training
- Daily briefings
- Kitchen cleanliness