Chef de Partie - The Swan Inn - Milton Keynes
The Swan Inn is a beautiful 13th century thatched country pub & restaurant, which has undoubtedly changed over the years, yet retains a wealth of original features & oozes a rustic, rural charm. (Just remember to duck when entering!) Our orchard beer garden is ready for summer & is the jewel in our crown.
We will offer you a great package:
- Competitive hourly rate + tips
- 28 days holiday
- Company Pension scheme
- Retail and beer discounts
- Fun culture surrounded by a supportive team
- Free food when on shift
- Refer a friend Bonus
- Employee Assistance programme
- Benefits portal
- Career development programme
- 30% dining discount of all managed houses
- Great working environment and great prospects!
Your role as Chef de Partie:
We are looking for a Chef de Partie who is highly self-motivated, has a great attitude to learning and is committed to delivering exceptional standards of food, cleanliness and hygiene. You will be an ambitious individual, always looking for ways to build on your own experience and who always strives for the perfect end result.
Your main duties as Chef de Partie involve:
- Accountable for food safety and hygiene within the specified kitchen areas
- Training and coaching junior kitchen staff and ensuring all team members are aware of how food is stored, rotated and disposed of
- Input to menu development as required
- Prepare fresh foods to an exemplary standard on a daily basis
- Be responsible for achieving the food margin through portion control and management of raw ingredients
- Stocking shelves and ensuring stock is securely stored at the correct temperature and correctly rotated
- Ensure that all health & safety directives are followed in the preparation of food
At the start of your employment you will be required to complete some online training modules that will better prepare you for the role and give you a recognised certificate in each area; which include Health and Safety and Food Hygiene amongst others. You will also receive a clear role induction as well as on the job training from experienced and passionate people that will help get the best out of you!
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 1 years' experience in a kitchen environment
- A methodical, calm and organised approach to work whilst working under pressure
- Precise planning and organisation ability
- Ability to give and receive fair feedback where appropriate
- Strong passion for food and pizza in particular
- Level 2 in Food Safety in Catering or equivalent